Astonishment

A/N: I apologize for my lame descriptions of dresses, kill me but I can describe the clothes, I just get lost with all the styles and materials and patterns and who cares?? I'm aware I don't sound very girly when saying this, I am more like a guy when it comes to dresses, you know, it's either hot or not. Of course my girls will be hot in the gala event, but since I couldn't put their dresses into words I will resort to some pics. So, shall we?

________________

Elisa slumped down on her couch groaning, Ashley following her in a tow. It was three days before the dreaded gala on Saturday night and she still didn't have a dress. They've spent the whole day roaming though the stores looking for perfect dresses. Elisa had trouble finding something for herself, either she didn't like the dresses or they were too expensive. This day proved to be completely fruitless. 

"I hate this." She huffed as a small crease found its way between her eyebrows. 

"Don't worry, we can go tomorrow again, and we'll find a perfect dress for you." Ashley patted her friend's shoulder reassuringly. 

"Mphm ok." Elisa mumbled the response, biting her nail in thought. She rarely did this, biting her nails, but it seemed to help somehow in this situation. She was anxious about this gala, and a bit heartbroken because she knew Isabelle would probably look gorgeous and she won't be able to acknowledge her in any way or tell her how beautiful she looks. Even worse, she will see her in James's arms and that bothered her to no extent. So yes in this situation, somehow, biting her nails helped. 

"Why are you acting so strange?" Ashley broke off her train of thoughts. "Is it because of dress? Or maybe because you are going with Aidan? Are you guys going to be back together?" Ashley bombarded her with questions. 

"Umm maybe you want to write all of those questions down?" Elisa attempted to joke to lighten the mood a bit, Ashley just shooting her an incredulous look. 

Elisa's phone vibrated signaling she got a new text message. Half expecting it was from Isabelle, she quickly unlocked her phone. The text was from Aidan though. Furrowing her brows in disappointment, she read the text.

I have a surprise for you on Saturday :) was all the text said. Elisa was about to respond when Ashley interrupted her. 

"Urgh Elisa, I can sense something is happening with you." Ashley groaned,  "I don't understand why won't you talk to me? I'm supposed to be your best friend." Ashley looked at her hard, hurt obvious in her features. 

Elisa suddenly felt bad, understanding just what Ashley meant. She was being inconsiderate, and secretive, and didn't spend as much time with Ashley as before. She felt bad but she couldn't tell her her secret, at least not yet. 

She scooted closer to her friend on the couch taking her hands in her own, and squeezing them briefly. 

"Ash something is happening, but...I can't tell you anything yet. I...please...just bear with me a little longer until I figure some things out and I will tell you. I'm sorry...you are my best friend. Please, will you do that for me?" 

Ashley nodded her head slowly after a couple of seconds of silence. She has never seen Elisa behaving like this. 

"Do you like, like someone?" her curiosity getting the best of her. Seeing Elisa's face lightening up at the mention of mysterious someone, she knew she has stuck a cord. 

Elisa blushed slightly nodding her head shyly. "But I can't tell you...yet."

"Ok, I'll wait, even though I'm super curious who's this mysterious guy." Ashley grinned at her friend.