Chapter 3, Alpha Cody

Chapter 3

Looking up at the black wolf, I cowered backwards.  Now cowering isn’t my thing but there was no chance in hell I was going to beat this guy like this.

Taking some steps back, I heard the guy approach behind me, claiming to be Beta.  I was trapped now, with nowhere to run, I was lost for what to do.

‘Are you going to answer my question now or would you rather Alpha Cody here interrogate you’?

The Beta behind me, clearly knew they had the advantage.  There was no way in hell I was telling them anything and I especially wasn’t going to stand there naked in front of two guys who could kill me in heartbeat.

Deciding flight was going to be today’s option, I ignored the pain as I bounded to my right; heading further into their territory but I didn’t care as long as I outran them.

Flying through the trees, I could sense him before I could see him as the large black wolf was following close behind, not even trying to pass or catch me.

Was this some kind of game to him, if it was it was a flipping sick game!

Running as fast as my legs would carry me, I must have been looking back too long as a large cement wall neared ahead of me.  Skidding to a halt, my side slammed into the wall as I went to bound off it to run alongside.

My stupidity only increased my pain as I was now rewarded with a hard jolt to my ribs from being blind for that second of my life.

As my feet hit the ground, a heavy force crashed on top of my form, with me instantly knowing the black wolf had caught me.

Hearing him growl near my ear, I whimpered, waiting for the kill bite as he simply sat there, holding me to the ground.

Something sparked through my body like electricity connecting with a power grid as I paid attention to the feeling, sensing my wolf beginning to howl in pleasure.

Looking up the black wolf had stopped growling at me and was just sitting there, looking just as perplexed as I did.  Maybe he felt it too?  But that meant that, no it couldn’t be true, I WAS NOT GOING TO BE SOMEONE’S MATE!

This was not happening; it was like some sick ying and yang joke where the white wolf meets the black and falls in love and they live happily ever after.  There was no way in hell I wanted to be part of some fairy tale involving ying and yang, no way, no how. 

The prickling sensation continued to circle around where the black wolf was sitting as he climbed off me, standing there looking at me with almost pleading eyes now.

Right now, I was kind of glad we didn’t share some sort mind link because I don’t think I would have liked what this wolf was thinking about me right now.

Waiting for the wolf to pin me once more as I slowly got to my feet, the ‘Beta’ as he called himself caught up; looking between the two of us before a frown set on his face, a message obviously being given to him through their mind link.

‘Well Cody, of all the she-wolves to pick, you had to pick the stupid one’.

The black wolf stared at him, obviously having yet another conversation I couldn’t hear.  The black wolf then proceeded to walk away, leaving me standing by this huge wall that I could easily scale aside from the fact; it told me there was a lot more wolves on the other side.

Turning to look back at the Beta, his eyes seemed almost kind now, looking at my battered form from the numerous rogues that thought they’d take a piece of me.

‘I suggest you shift and accompany us back to the village; Alpha Cody’s orders’.

Shaking my head as a no, the Beta frowned, a little concerned why I was so withdrawn.  I made no effort to get up; my ears flattening out against my skull, as the growl rose in my throat.