Chapter 16, Night On The Town

Chapter 15

Going stir crazy for the rest of the day, Cody shouldn’t have been surprised when I was hanging off the fan when he got home late afternoon.

‘Vera, what the hell are you doing’!

My feet clinging onto the fan’s blades like it was a huge drop to the floor, I smiled innocently; my face bright red from the blood all sitting and swelling my brain.

‘I’m entertaining myself; remember I’m not allowed to leave the house’.

Cody shook his head, unable to believe that I was acting like such a young wolf.  Swinging my body, the fan began to spin slowly, making me want to heave up my guts.

That was definitely a mistake…….

My face turning a pale colour, I felt as Cody was quick to be in front of me; grabbing by my hips as he flipped me round; the room now the right way up as the blood began to run back to my joints.

‘Fancy meeting you here Cody’?

Cody chuckled; placing me gently on the ground my stomach seemed to like being the right way up as the colour returned to my face.

‘Right, I’m taking you for a run before I find you hanging off Charlie, who seems to have disappeared; I couldn’t possibly imagine why’.

Celebrating, I bolted to the front door; the sunset about to start, making me eagerly bounce at the front door.

Cody was quick enough to open the door as he darted off into the trees like I always did, throwing his clothes away and shifting whilst I did the same, running back out to the clearing in front of the house just to confuse him.

‘I thought you wanted to run Vera’?

‘Yeah I do, come here a sec’.

Hearing Cody’s black wolf walking over to me, I turned around and took off past him, only to cut back and jump on Cody’s back, my teeth playing with his ears as he fell over, shocked that I had just done that.

‘You’re fighting a losing battle Vera……….’

To any onlooker, we just looked like two giants dogs playing but to any other wolf; this would be regarded as a fight for dominance but without the teeth and shredding of fur.

Back in the days when I’d first become a wolf; me and Dingo would also play this game.  Me being the stubborn sister I was, always wanting to win and getting just a bit stronger every time.

Barking and bouncing around as I jumped off Cody; my steps matched his and I moved from side to side; like waiting for him to throw a ball.

‘You are in a seriously good mood today, are you sure you’re not sick Vera’?

‘Pfffffft, whatever you say Cody; first one to the town cooks dinner’!

Cody laughed; I didn’t even know where the town was around here so I’d be following Cody anyways.

‘You haven’t even been to the village yet’.

‘Sounds good, let’s go now then’!

Chasing Cody through the forest, I would clip his feet every so often; his wolf refusing to kick out at me, knowing it was only his mate in her super high mood.

The town was nowhere near as far as I thought; slamming into Cody’s behind not even realising the trees had already thinned out.

‘Be on your best behaviour Vera, we’ll stop by someone’s house to grab some clothes’.