Chapter 13, Another White Wolf

Chapter 12

‘Come on Vera, the pack doctor wants to meet you; he’s also a little curious how you healed up’.

There was no way I was going near someone who had obviously seen me naked, especially since this pack doctor was a guy; how perverted could you get!

‘He won’t hurt you Vera, he’s a nice guy’!

Yeah, no and no; slumping down on the lounge in the lounge room, Charlie was sitting there, beating us back from our run; his face the pure image of hysterical.

‘I am not meeting the perverted pack doctor; there is no way in hell’.

Cody sensed my anger, deciding to drop the subject like I hoped he would as the doorbell rang, making me spring off the couch, only to be tackled by Charlie.

‘I thought you were on my side Charlie’!

Trying to look at Charlie, I bounced around underneath him; his weight apparently not being enough to stop me bouncing inches into the air.

‘What has Cody being feeding you; you’re bouncing around like a fat truck’!

 ‘I AM NOT A FAT TRUCK’!

Charlie shrugged as I heard the doctor step in, Charlie’s voice now a little lower; ‘could have fooled me’.

Growling, I slammed my head against the floor, hoping to at least knock myself out for this.

‘You know there are easier ways to die than bashing yourself to death Vera’.

Charlie was soon off me, making me wonder what was happening as he soon took my arms and threw me on the couch next to Cody, who I hadn’t even heard sit down.

My eyes scanning the room, they soon landed on the friendly looking man sitting opposite, his eyes wandering a little too much for my liking.

‘Vera, this is Jeff; he’s been eager to meet you when you were conscious’.

My eyes obviously giving away I wanted a challenge, Jeff seemed to sense this and chuckle like everyone else did around here.

‘Honestly you would most likely win Vera; so no I am not challenging you’.

Snarling, Cody slapped my knee lightly making me focus on him for the few seconds he would entertain me.

‘So Vera, I guess we’ll get the hard bit out of the road first; if you want me and Charlie to leave I understand’.

My mind processing Cody’s words, I was immediately at my feet again; throwing my weight over the lounge as I ran for the stairs; the feeling of Cody’s hands barely missing me as I clamped up the wooden steps.

Quickly trying to shut myself in Cody’s room, he already knew where I was going as I was soon pinned on the ground.

‘Don’t make me go wolf on your ass Cody’!

Cody chuckled, pinning my hands behind my back; ‘you can’t in this position so don’t try, it’ll hurt you more than it’ll hurt me’.

Pausing to listen to the casual set of footsteps coming up the stairs, I began panicking again; regretting this stupid dress I was lying in, probably exposing half my ass anyways.

‘Cody, please; I don’t want him to touch me’.

My whining seemed to have no effect as I soon heard the doctor standing in the doorway, feeling his eyes burning into the back of my skull.

‘I’m not sure I feel comfortable disrespecting my Luna in this way’.

Yeah that’s right Cody; the doctor doesn’t even want to look; suck on that!