We Meet Again

" Here we are again," he said. " Yeah," I said. I am very bad at avoiding awkward silences. " Sorry, I was just heading down the road. Nobody really comes on this street. Well, not that I have seen. I was testing my old, old car. It used to be yellow," he laughed. I laughed too when all the sudden my heart started pounding.

" Where were you heading?" He asked. "Um, my friend Maren's house. You know her?'' "Oh yeah, she lives two houses down from me." I just nodded, thinking about what to do with my car.

"You know, my dad works at a car shop, and he fixes 'em up pretty well too. He could fix this for you, no charge," he stated. "No..-" " Okay then, I'll get it over there, and since your not far from your friends, you could walk," he said. Walk. Wow, how generous. " Sorry, I didn't mean it like that," he said. Oh. I said that out loud. " Yep," he said. Danget. I giggled and said, " I'm gonna get going," I said and he just nodded. As my feet trudged along the dirty sidewalk, he yelled, " I never got your name!" "Meredith, Meredith Winters," I said. "Jack, Jack Foster."

I laughed an walked away, keeping quite to myself. I couldn't help but smile while I was walking to Maren's.

When I got to Maren's house, I didn't bother knocking. We are at that point in our friendship where we don't need to knock. " HI MRS. TAYLOR!" I yelled whilst running up the stairs. Again, sigh and nod. Of course occasionally tripping on the steps I ran up to Maren's cutely decorated room.

" Hi-" " My heads pounding and I need some food," she stated. She gets like this every once in awhile. No, she isn't on her period. She gets grumpy from school work and everything. All she needs is my special hot chocolate and a good movie. Before she could say anything else I grabbed ' 13 Going On 30' and was running downstairs to make hot chocolate.

When I came upstairs Maren already had her fuzzy pajamas on, but of course with some layer out for me. I hand her the hot chocolate and just by the touch, she seems to have relaxed. " SO, what took you so long?" She asked. " Umm well my car just kind of got destro-" "WHAT?!?" She screamed.

" Calm down Marz. The guy said his dad owns a car shop or something and is going to fix it up," I said with wide eyes. Of course, she just got back to herself in the weirdest way possible. " Soooo. Who is the guy? Is he cute?!" she said with the enthusiasm of my encounter with a boy. I NEVER encounter a boy. Seriously. Most boys in our school like the cheerleaders that wear their skirts a little higher than they should. If you know what I mean. " Wow, slow down. This guy, green eyes, brown curls. What is it? Oh yeah! Some kid named Jack Fost-" " NO WAY!" She screamed at the top if her lungs. I was confused. She noticed and true to help me understand. " He is kinda new. He came here last year and started dating Julia Sanders," she said.

OH MY GOD. Julia Sanders as in the jerk of our high school. She has bullied me ever since 1st grade! That girl. She lives across the street from Maren. This is crazy! It cannot be real. " Oh, but it's real." she said. You stood there wide eyed. " You know, if you look over here, you can see him in his bedroom," she said and raised her eyebrow. I smiled a bit. " You pervert," I said and she laughed. We spent the rest of the night reading magazines, watching movies, and gossiping. But, every now and then I would peak through that window, catching a glance of him. He looked cute when he slept. Pretty soon at about 6:00 A.M., we drifted off into our endless sleep.

Third chapter MY BIRDIES. HERE YOU GO- Meg