Pool Party

As I was walking to class, this cheerleader named Sienna Gallagher, bumped into me. " Hey! You're just the person I need! I was wondering if you and your friend wanted to come to my pool party!" She said. She was that peppy kind of cheerleader everybody likes. Even I like her. Even Maren likes her, and Maren is pretty judgmental.

" I don't know I have to um-uh study," I said. I just didn't want to go. I've always been a bit insecure about myself. Probably nobody can change that. " Think about it," she said as she skipped to her next class.

I shrugged. I'll have to fill Maren in on my encounter with the perky ball of rainbows.

-----

The rest of the day seemed to go by so quickly, and the next thing I knew, I was walking to Maren's house.

The sun was now shining and there was not a cloud in the sky. It was about 75 degrees out and I was in freakin sweat pants.

" Oh yeah, Sienna asked us if we wanted to go to her pool party," I said. " But I said no," I said again. Maren looked shocked. "YOU DO NOT SAY NOT TO A EFFIN POOL PARTY! Especially if it is Sienna Gallagher's party. We are going," she said matter-of-factly. " Bu-" " No buts. We are going," she said and dragged me back to her house.

When we got to her house, we went up to her room and ate yogurt, just waiting for her mom to come back from the grocery store and take me to my house to get a swim suit.

I laid on my back on Maren's bed and wandered off. I wondered when I would get my car back, and I wondered, well,..... I just wondered. Every scenario that I could have pictured, I pictured. Every mistake I could make, probably will happen.

This is why I get headaches.

" Like this?" She said, holding up a purple bikini with red dots. " Way too 80s," I answered.

Me and Maren tell the honest truth. We don't wanna be embarrassed, and I think it's odd when people lie to their best friends. What's the point? To make them feel good? They don't wanna be embarrassed, so tell them the truth.

Next she pulled out yet another bikini, but this time it was a royal blue. "Perfect," I said. The beautiful blue fit perfectly with her tan skin.

As for me, I was as pale as the snow. We heard a honk coming from the driveway. " That's our que," Maren said. She grabbed her beach bag and I grabbed my backpack and we both ran to the car.

" Hey girls, how's your day," my Mom asked in a tone that sounded like she was the happiest person in the whole world. We didn't answer. We got straight to talking.

" I cannot believe I wore sweatpants to school," I said/giggled. " Yeah, that was pretty funny," she said/laughed her freaking butt off.

I playfully slapped her. We laughed the whole way there.

When we got there, my mom gladly opened the door open for us. " Bye!" I yelled. Again, sigh and nod.

We walked to the backyard where the party obviously was. I mean, there was  tons of noise coming from there. We walked into the backyard and there were tons of people.

Sienna walked up to us, " HEY! I am so glad to come over. Comeonletsgohangoutwiththeothergirls," she said quickly. We both looked at each other and both got dragged away.

All the girls were talking to each other/tanning. " Hey girls! This is Maren and this is Meg!" She said in her perky little voice. Hey and Hello were all said in unison to me and Maren. I nodded, whilst Maren screamed hellos to the girls.

We all talked for awhile and I actually felt as if I was making friends. " I'm gonna get some punch," I said. I walked on the hot cement over to the place were the punch was. All the punch was out. 

I saw some people in the kitchen, so I guessed that I could get punch in there. While I was walking, I bumped into somebody. She had punch in her hand and it spilt all over her cover up. " I'm SO sorry," I said trying to dab the punch off. " No no, it's fi-" I stared at this girl. " AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" We both screamed. It was her. No 'effin way! This girl's name was Camilla. She was my best friend ever at camp! She moved all the way to California but she must've moved back. " I missed you soooo much!" She said.

" I was just gonna get some punch! Maren is right over there," I said, " Oh yeah! I remember Maren! She was the one that stole my juice box and hid it in the mini golf course," she said with a sigh. " I'm gonna go talk to her," she said and ran off.

I walked into the kitchen with laughing all over. I grabbed a plastic cup and saw that my punch was already being poured into it. I turned to see him. Again. Jack casually smirking and pouring punch into my cup. He just shows up. I mean it's just like 'POOF.' He just pops out.

" Thanks," I said. My cheeks were freakin burning and my heart was beating out of my chest. " No problem. I mean, these are just the first steps to recovering you from some accidents. Plus, i kinda destroyed your car," Jack says. I laugh and take a sip of punch. " Yeah I'm pretty sure you've already covered that one," I said. 'Oh goodness. He's smiling at me,' I thought. ' What do I do. Smile Mer, just smile,' I thought. my quick flash of a smile came along and it was very akward. " I'm just gonna" " Yeah, me too," and off we were. Right as I was walking out, he said, " Could I get your number?" He asks. OH MY GOD. " Yeah sure," I said, calmly and collectedly. I wrote it down on a notepad by the refridgerator . I walked out with the brightest smile on my face. YES! YES! YEEEESSSS!!!! I was so happy. I walked over to Maren and Camilla and I told them what happened. Their responses were, well, they were...

                              To be continued...

A/N   HOW DID YOU LIKE THAT BIRDIES? PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!-MEG