The Devils

There Jack was, sitting on MY couch, having a cup of coffee. His arm slung around some blonde chick he probably slept with.

Maren is behind them, watching them and eating marshmallows. She notices me, and I can see her throat tense up. She swallows hard and looks out the window.

Laken notices me tenseness, and wraps an arm around my waist, "It's okay, they're just... them." Camilla smacked his arm, "You're not very good at giving advice," she says. I fake a laugh before making my way to the couch.

Jack saw me, and gave me a ' you're crazy look.' I smiled sarcastically at him and grabbed the large blanket behind him.

"Excuse me," I said and walked away, myself wrapped in a blanket burrito.

"Is that her...?" The bleach blonde asked. "Yeah," Jack sighs. I really hope he feels me rolling my eyes at him.

An idea to get away from these people came into mind. "Can we go to Perkins, in our Pajamas and stuff. I could see the excitement in Camilla's eyes, waiting to show off her pajama bottoms.

" Yeah sure," Laken said. I could hardly wait to get rainbow pancakes.

I had my Columbia sweater on and my pajama bottoms on, and so I grabbed my wallet and told my mom where we were going.

I noticed she no longer smiles and nods. She speaks, like normal humans.

Laken decided he was driving, and we all hopped into the car. Then, I saw Jack. Jack. Running out my front steps, over to MY car.

" You mind if I come with? It's kind of crowded in there," he asks, putting in his 'charming' smile.

I rolled my eyes, but Laken said sure. Why? Why must I always be at the exact spot at the exact moment. He hopped into the back with Camilla, and Camilla shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

Then, his 'girlfriend' came running out in a tank top and shorts. Without asking, she hopped in the car.

She shivered, "It's NEVER this cold in Cali. I'm Britney BTW," she told me. I handed her a sweatshirt on the dashboard. "Um, this thing is NOT mine," she said. Wow, how greateful. "Do you want it or not?" I snapped. She just rolled her eyes and put the sweatshirt on.

Then, Jack put an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer. I almost wish I had that. I was so close, but maybe next time. 

LAKEN'S P.O.V

I saw the worry in her eyes, once he put his arm around Britney. I saw the stress, I could tell by the flick of an eye that with the relief built the regret. And I felt horrible for letting her go through that. I should be by her side, but she could never love me, she would never even have a crush on me. I just know it.

"Mer," I told her, patting her shoulder, giving her a reasurring look. That's the closest thing I could do on the border of friends and... well you know. I knew I liked her by the first glance when she was coming down the stairs. I knew it.

And I don't know where I'm going with this.

But, I do know one thing.

I love her.

________

YASS LAKEN'S POV YAS. SOOOOOOO WHAT'D YA THINK. whenever I'm writing, I just make it up as I'm writing, so excuse me. But I'm really close to 400 reads and ARG I WANT IT SO BAD.

LOVE YOU BIRDIES - Meg