Reaction

" NO WAY YOU CAN DATE HIM!" Maren screamed, causing stares to turn our way. " Why not?" I asked in a low tone. She has to be joking. " Mer, he's a trouble maker. He'll break your heart in seconds," she said. I cannot believe this. " I think he's cute," Camilla said, twirling her gum around her finger. " See?" I said in a point proving matter. " I'm just trying to protect you," Maren says, whilst grabbing my hands. "Okay?" She asks, " Okay," I said, laughing at the The Fault In Our Stars , which, by the way, is GENIUS. We talk for awhile, but the whole time I'm thinking about him.

When everybody starts to leave, I decided to text my mom. We were all having a sleepover at my house, which is where we usually go for the sleepovers. We asked Camilla and Maren's moms, and they said it was fine. We had to wait for my mom, though. So we were all sitting in Sienna's driveway, talking about nothing, and sitting on our beach bags. I dunno about you, but I'm feelin' 22! I really need to put that on vibrate. It was my text tone, which rarely comes around.

I looked at my IPhone, and I got a text from a number. It wasn't a contact, so I had no idea who was texting me. I looked, at the message. It said:

Hey, it's Jack. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me and some friends to a movie tonight. You can bring your friends with you if you don't want to come alone. It's at 7:00 xoxo

I started to squeel! " Are you okay?" They asked in unison, later laughing and screaming jinks to eachother. " Jack just asked me out!" I squeel, again. They eye eachother weirdly. " What's wrong?" I ask, though I'm angry and concerned at the same time. " We saw Jack at the pool party," Maren tells me. Nodding, I say, " Yeah I know, he was there. That's how he got my number." Camilla sighed, then spoke, " No, we saw him kissing a girl," "Girl as in Julia," Maren says, looking at the ground.

The blood travels to my cheeks. He wouldn't do that. Would he? No. He acted so sweet at the pool party. No, I refuse to belive this. "No," I say. They both nod, as if they feel sorry for me. They just wanna break my heart. That's all they wanna do. " He wouldn't do that." Right as I said that, my mom pulled up. We walked in the car and didn't talk the whole way home. So much for a nice sleepover, huh?

When we got home, Maren and Camilla watched Mamma Mia in my bedroom. They were wearing some of my clothes, biut since Camilla was so small, it all sagged. I went and found some clothes. I am going with or without them. I grabbed a royal blue shirt, and some skinny jeans. I applied little makeup, which is what I usually do. Sometimes I don't even wear makeup. I just put on mascara and lipgloss.

I walk in my bedroom to find some of my uggs. " Where are you going?" Maren asked. " To the movie," I said, not making eye contact. " Um-" I cut her off," I'm going, okay? He asked me, so he's probably over Julia or whatever." I found my uggs and I put them on. They are kinda small, but whatever. I walked out and grabbed my purse.

My mom picked up my car during this day. Yes, she found out, but she wasn't mad. She said it was that boy's fault.

----------------

On the interstate, there was a HUGE traffic jam, so I turned and took the backroads, which took longer then expected. It was already 6:50 "Shit," I muttered to myself. I got there at about 7:15. I brushed myself off and made sure I looked nice. I quickly bought my ticket and gave it to the ticket guy or whatever you call him.

When I got to the correct theater, in which the movie was playing and the theater was empty, I looked for them. I could see them all at the very top. There was Julia. Uh oh. And even worse, she was sitting next to Jack. Even more worse, she was kissing him. I looked in stun at the two of them. I was absolutely mortified. They obviously couldn't see me because I heard them having a conversation between kisses. " Aren't you glad that Meredith didn't come?" Julia moaned. By that time tears were streaming. Then it got worse when Jack moaned back, "Oh yes." "She. Is such. A. Nerd," Julia said again. He laughed at that and they kept kissing. I was so confused. Tears were streaming down my face and I was freaking out. Julia looked my way and smirked, satisfied at the destruction she had done.

I ran out. Very Fast. Even the ticket guy thought that I shoudld ahve been in a mental institution.

I got into my car and I parked in front of my house. There were other cars in front of my house. Cop cars. There was a cop standing in our front yard, writing things down as my mom told them something. " Mom?!?!" I yelled to her. She gasped," Honey!" And embraced me in a large hug. " Why are the cops here?" I questioned. I thought somebody might've gotten killed or something. " Well you were gone for so long and Maren and Camilla weren't here and-" " Maren ad Camilla weren't here?" I asked, frightened. Yes but Camilla is here but Maren isn't." I was scared shitless. I ran into the house. " CAMILLA?!?!" I yelled. " I'm in the living room!" I ran tot the living room quickly. " What happened to Maren?" I asked. " Well we wanted to check on you so we wnt to the movie theater and bought tickets to the movie we knew you were going to. When we walked in there, it was only them, and not you. Then I said we should go back home because you might've left. Then... Umm.." She hesitated and bit her lip. Something was wrong, I knew it. " And what?" She sighed. " And she said she wanted to stay. She said that she is not gonna stay unpopuler through her years of highschool," She said and tried to look into my eyes, but I just looked into blank nowhere. This isn't like her I thought. " We need to go find her." Was the last thing I said before getting into my car.

Sorry for the short chapter. I promise I will try to make it longer next time Birdies:)-Meg