Neighbors

I look around, then back to my book. Monday. School. It's like I'm drowning in my misery. I'm here early, since all the kids get here early. They all like to get here early to talk, but I get here early so I can get out of the house.

I hear the Kim Possible ringtone, so I'm guessing it's mine.

I reach in the back pocket of my backpack and slide my IPhone 5 out. It was a text from Camilla.

From Camilla<33- Came down with a nasty cold. Wont be at school. Sorry not sorry;)

Shit. How am I supposed to get through the day without her? Can I be sick too? Maybe I am sick.

To Camilla<33- Dang:( Now I'll just have to be tortured without you;) G2G

I really didn't have to go, but I wasn't in the mood for talking about how miserable my day is going to be.

I see Maren walk down the halls. I hide my face. Oh goodness, she's wearing booty shorts and a tank top/ badazzled bra. She walks up to the ' popular bracket' - which is what we call the popular kids- and finds, well, you-know-who. She slammed him against the locker and in a millesecond, BAM. Makout Sesh.

I swear, I threw up just a little. Its disgusting. Luckily, the bell rang(after 20 minutes). I was knocked over at least three times in the hallway and now the knees of my skinny jeans are full of dirt.

But, who cares. Nobody will notice me.

I like going unnoticed, though.

--------------------

Luckily, the school day passed quickly. I couldn't stand being around teenagers anymore.

I mean, being one is enough. Now they stick me in a building full of them. It's horrifying.

--------------------

When I drove home, I saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway. It was a white range rover with little stickers on the back.

I guess you could say I kind of checked it out. I've had an interest in cars ever since I was about 7. 

I walked inside to ask who was here. " Mooomm! I'm home," I yelled. I set my keys on the counter and grabbed a juice box out of the fridge. "Oh and by the way, whos car is that. It's fricken nice," I said, regretting it the moment I turned around. 

"Oh... hi," I said, taking an awkward sip of my juice box. "Meredith, this is the Carter family, they live nextdoor. They just moved here," my mom said to me in a get your act together tone. "Yes, and we are so thankful your neighboorhood has welcomed us with open arms," Mrs. Carter said graciously. I'd seen that they had a baby on her hip, a little girl about 3 years old, and a kid about my age. All with blond hair and bright blue eyes.

"Meredith," I said, sticking out my hand for her to shake. With the muscle, she shook my hand and carried that fat, yet happy, baby.

"Mer, why don't you show Laken your room," my mom said, smiling. I mouthed ARE YOU KIDDING to her and she just laughed. "Yeah, it's about time you make friends, Laken," Mrs. Carter said. "You too, Mer," my mom said. "Okay," I said. That stung a little. I moved my way to the stairs and Mrs. Carter pushed Laken ahead so he would start walking.

We walked up the stairs in an awkward silence. But for some reason it wasn't uncomfortable, it was just awkward. 

When we got into my bedroom I sat on the bed. "Ta-da," I said with jazz hands. He laughed. He looked at the chair in the corner by my desk. " May I?" he asked. "Sure," I replied, taking a pen and trapping it between my fingers. 

"So..." he said. "So." I repeated. "This is lame," I said, and turned on the tv. "Not too bad," Laken said, blushing. Oh god, was he blushing? He smirked. "What?" I asked. "Nothin," He said, his eyes drifting to the tv. 

"Oooo the Kardashians," I said. He snatched away the remote. "What was that for," I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "I can't keep up," he smirked. "Oh, nice one, Carter," I teased.

We ended up watching a marathon. He's a really great guy. He ended up crawling on the bed because the damn chair is like stone. He was right.

I rested my head on his chest and nuzzled up. I mean, while we're here, might as well get comfy. Right? I could see him smiling with my great eye corner vision. 

I don't know. Could you really fall for someone in just a few hours? I'm starting to thing it's possible.

-----------

A/N HEY WHATS UP I HAVENT UPDATED IN A FEW MONTHS. I am soooooo sorry. and if anyone is a consistant reader of this book, please comment and vote. Love ya Birdiessss<3

- Meg