22

You woke up, your head pounding and your lungs burning. You were in a hospital room, and Dean was sleeping on the couch next to you. Sam was nowhere to be seen. Your throat felt extremely dry and you couldn't speak. You grabbed a flower out of the vase on the nightstand next to you and threw it at Dean. He shot up, looking around the room for the danger. His eyes landed on you and he walked over. 

   "Y/n, you're awake! Are you okay?" He asked, grabbing your hand. You made a drinking gesture with your free hand and he nodded. He brought you a large cup of water and you gulped it all down. 

    "Is the baby......" You hesitated, not wanting to say the word you were dreading. You couldn't handle it. 

    "No, the baby's fine. But you need to get a lot of rest." Dean replied, and you sighed in relief. Everything was okay. 

   "Dean, I feel fine. I don't need to stay in this bed any longer." You said, but Dean pushed you back into bed. 

   "I will straddle you if I have to." He warned, and you had to say you wouldn't be opposed. 

   "Fine, where's Sam?" You asked, crossing your arms over your chest.

   "About that." Dean started, and you feared what his answer would be. Sam was your best friend after all.

  "He's back at the bunker. He wanted to get it ready for you? I don't know." Dean said, and you calmed down. Sam was okay.

  "Well, since I almost died I think I deserve a kiss from my boyfriend." You explained, and Dean chuckled before capturing your lips with his own. Then he pulled away, a look of nervousness on his face.

   "Actually, I've been thinking about this for a month now. But I've decided something. I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore." He said, and you instantly wondered what you did wrong. 

  "I don't want to be your boyfriend." He started, "Because I want to be your husband." And with that he pulled out a ring and got down on one knee.

~Sam's POV~

  I sat in the kitchen, sipping on my coffee when I heard the familiar ruffle of wings. But I was shocked to see Gabriel instead of Cas.

  "Gabe? Where have you been?" I asked, but went silent when I saw his worried eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked.

  "Dean just proposed to y/n." He said, and I raised an eyebrow.

   "How did you know that?" I asked.

   "When y/n asked me to leave, I didn't leave. I just stayed invisible. She's the only thing I care about, I wasn't just going to leave." He explained. 

  "Okay, well what's wrong with Dean proposing?" I asked, sitting back down.

   "What if he's not good for her? What if she says yes and he doesn't treat her like she deserves to be treated? What if she says no and it ends up being the wrong decision?" Gabriel stammered.

  "Well, whatever she does, it's her decision. And I know that no matter what she does you'll be there to protect her." I replied. He nodded, looking pale.

   "Alright, I'm just going to stay here for awhile. I don't want to know what she chooses just yet." He said, sinking down into the seat.

   "That's fine." I muttered, picking up the book I had been reading. 

~Your POV~

   You stared at Dean, too stunned to speak. You hadn't expected this, and you caught yourself wondering whether you should say yes or no.

  "I, umm." You stumbled over your words, trying to snap back to reality.

   "Wow. What I'm trying to say is- Dean, I love you more than life itself. You make me so happy I could burst, and I would be ecstatic to be your wife. So yes." You finished off. Dean let out a relieved breath and slid the ring onto your finger.

   "I love you." He said before kissing you tenderly.

    "I love you too." You replied after he had pulled away.

    "Now, I'm going to go get us some pie to celebrate. Wait here." He said, and you nodded. Dean grabbed his jacket, kissed your cheek, and left. You grabbed the TV remote and stared flipping through channels, but nothing caught your attention. And soon you found yourself gazing at the ring on your finger. It was gorgeous, just your style.

   "Hey baby, I got apple and blueberry so you can pick which one you want." Dean said as he walked back in with a grocery bag.

   "I'll have blueberry, please." You replied, and he cut you a slice while giving himself apple.

   "So, I was thinking while you were gone and I decided something." You said around a bite of blueberry deliciousness.

   "What's that?" He asked, putting his feet on top of your bed.

   "We should have a Fall wedding, in my meadow. And we can decorate all the trees with twinkling lights and have the reception there, too. It will be beautiful when the sun sets." You explained.

   "That sounds perfect." Dean said, and you smiled.

~Sam's POV~

   "Y/n said yes, Dean just texted me." I told Gabe. He smiled.

   "I'm happy for her. But now I gotta go, I want to be in y/n's life and I need to convince her to let me." He replied, and then he was gone. I went into the library of the bunker, when suddenly there was a loud bang against the door. I pulled out my gun and went to open. There lay a woman, bruised and bloody. She saw shallowly breathing.

   "Help." She wheezed out before falling unconscious.