Chapter Three

It was Monday, two days after the party. Anna seemed VERY hungover the next day, but she remembered kissing Dean, according to her they were now dating. Cas decided to walk to school with Charlie, she was his best friend after Anna. They were both wearing matching shirts they had made about a month ago, they had just arrived yesterday.

Charlie turned to Cas, "You ready?" He nodded and they both shrugged off their jackets. "Let's do this." They walked through the front doors wearing black shirts that, written with rainbow letters, said "Too Gay To Function." Even though Cas was pan, he preferred men.

When they reached their lockers they saw Anna talking to Dean, she was twirling a strand of hair between her fingers. Dean just looked straight up uncomfortable. When Dean saw Cas and Charlie his face lit up, then he looked at their shirts and he smiled wider.

A girl named Dorothy, also known as Dot, walked up to Charlie and said, "I like your shirt, seems we have the same taste," before handing her a piece of paper with her number and winking then walking away. Charlie squeal, "AHA bitches! The shirt works!" She fist pumped the air before calling over her shoulder, "Bye Cassie, Deano, and friend" and skipping away.

Dean walked up to Cas, Anna followed behind. She laced their fingers together, Dean stiffened. "Like your shirt, Cas," he said. Cas grinned, "It was Charlie's idea but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it." Anna rolled her eyes. She didn't like Charlie very much. "Sooo Cassie, did you hear? Dean is my new boyfriend!" Dean furrowed his eyebrows. Cas nodded, "Yeah I heard," he said before walking to his locker. Behind him he heard Anna say, "Bye babe, see you later!"

Dean walked up to Cas and shook his head. "What the hell is she talking about?!" Cas tilted his head to the side, "What?" Dean groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose, "She keeps calling me her boyfriend, what hell?!" Cas nodded, "You guys kissed at the party, now she thinks you're dating." Dean groaned again, "I don't remember that!" "Just tell her." Dean sighed, "I've been trying to but she keeps cutting me off, she talks a lot." "Don't you like her?" "Not really. I've got my eyes on someone else." Cas' heart fell, he didn't know why. "Just humor her for a while, she'll get bored of and break up with you. I give it a week max. But it really depends on if she gets into your pants or not." Dean made a grossed out face, "What?" "She really just wants to sleep with you." Dean nodded, "How do you put up with her?" "Practice."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the end of the day everyone had heard about 'Anna's new boy toy.' Dean seemed pretty uncomfortable but he played along. It was kind of comforting to Cas that Dean didn't like Anna. He felt badly about it though. Dean came over to Cas' house after school. They did homework together and talked.

"Favorite color?" Asked Dean.

"Green, you?"

"Blue."

"Favorite band?"

Cas thought for a moment, "Nirvana. You?"

"It changes a lot but right now it's AC/DC."

"Have you ever been in love?" Asked Cas thoughtfully.

Dean considered it for a moment, "No, what about you?"

Cas nodded, "When I was 15." (They're all 18 in this except for Sammy who is 16)

"What happened?"

"He died."

Dean got up and pulled Cas into a hug, he wasn't the hugging type but he would do it for Cas. "I'm so sorry." Cas shrugged, "It was a long time ago, I'm fine."

Dean told Cas about how his mother died, Cas told Dean about how his mother died. Dean's mom died in a fire, Cas' mom died giving birth to him. He blamed himself. By the time it was dark Dean was sitting with Cas' head in his lap. Dean was humming 'Hey Jude' under his breath. He fingers were tangled in Cas' messy hair. Cas knew he couldn't let anything happen between him and Dean, not that Dean liked him, he was his best friend's boyfriend after all. Those were Cas' thoughts as he drifted to sleep, Dean's voice was very soothing. Dean smiled down at Cas' sleeping face. So maybe he liked this blue eyes boy, no one needed to know that.

And here we have a LONG overdue update! Enjoy poptarts!

-Ely