Prologue

The wind was breezy, just as the professor had warned me. I wanted to meet up with trainers from Sinnoh, since they had their own battle system outside of the gyms. The system intrigued me. My goal is to figure out how Pokémon can strengthen themselves, with or without the help of a trainer. I wanted Blanche to come with, since they're researching evolution, but they told me they had other business to take care of. 

Blanche is considered newer out of the three of us, so we try our best to learn from them. As for Spark... he decided to come with me, but for his own reasons. We'll be going our separate ways, much as he'd like to stay with me.

"I'm so glad we got this boat ride! Leader Jasmine knows what she's doing." Spark said. He was enjoying his sweet time, and I was feeling sick to my stomach. Boats were not my cup of tea. Soon as the medicine kicks in, I'll be able to walk around all I want, but for now I'm stuck with the nausea. I brought up the topic of flight, but because we were in Johto at the time and met up with Jasmine, she offered us a good deal for this boat.

"Spark... can we head back inside? Where the boat's calmer?" I asked and used my jacket to shield myself from the wind and the water that would possibly get inside the boat. Despite my shouts, it didn't seem that the other leader heard a word. I frowned in disbelief and tried to ignore my stomach pain by enjoying the scenery. The waves were rough, but the sky was clear. 

"Blanche would love this. We should take a picture, want to head inside?" he finally asked me a question with like minds. I nodded, but the slightest nod made the pain kick in more. He grabbed my arm and pulled me back inside. 

"I think I need to lay down, Spark..." my stomach started to worsen, and I clutched onto him like a lost child. He started to pick up what I was going through; at least I assumed as he rubbed my back. It calmed my mind, but the pain stayed all the same.

"It's only a few more hours, I think. I know where there's better medicine, want me to get it?" after I said a "Yes please," in response, he took me on over to the bed. I took this chance to lay down for now and sent out my Flareon, who happily laid beside me. Spark let out his Jolteon not long after to help.

"Don't you need him...?" I asked in confusion, since his Jolteon was one of his best teammates, but Spark gave me a head shake.

There have been rumors that something strange has been going on this ship, but we have yet to see anything. We have been keeping our guard up, but we've also been trying to enjoy our time together. I would love to enjoy my time more if it weren't for this terrible sensation.

"I'll be fine. You wait here with these two. Besides, you need his help more." Spark winked and waved after he spoke before he closed the door behind him. I patted the Jolteon beside me and watched Spark leave. It didn't take him long to return and offer me the medicine. Before I knew it, I passed out. Whatever was in that medicine was supposedly working.