Chapter Three Part 2

Spark and I made it to the inn's dining hall, him humming a tune most of the way there. I did recognize it, but I didn't say anything. We sat down and enjoyed our meal peacefully. Spark had a couple of his teammates come up and chat with him. He did ask if they knew anything about the Darkrai he drew. While they conversed, I focused on eating. Spark was already done before me.

"Looks familiar, I think... there is someone on Miss Candela's team that happens to be in the infirmary at the Pokemon Center. They've been passed out for a while." We both looked at each other.

"Thanks for telling us. We'll go check it out. Be careful, you two." After telling us "we will," they both went on their way. I finished my drink and left a tip, since Spark decided to pay for my meal.

"How much do you want to bet it's Jasper?" Spark asked as we walked out the inn and made our way to the Pokemon Center.

"I bet nothing. He has a Lunar Wing, remember?" I sighed at the thought of him still having it.

"Right, then... probably his friend." I shrugged, unsure if that was the case or not. We made it inside the Pokemon Center and I decided to head to the counter.

"Nurse Joy, we'd like to see my teammate in the infirmary." The nurse took a moment to look at the both of us.

"Oh, Leader Spark and Candela! Of course. I'm glad they're getting more visitors. Right this way, please." We both gave her a confused look, but we quickly followed behind. Inside the room she led us to was someone with blonde hair, a bit lighter than Spark's. Kneeling next to them was Jasper, who was using the Lunar Wing. Spark glanced at me nervously and stepped in front of me. I knew we couldn't just turn back now, unless Blanche magically called to give us an excuse to leave.

We watched in awe as Jasper's friend finally woke up. They sat up and held their head, taking a moment to open their green eyes.

"Jasper? What happened?" they sounded confused as they looked around the room, slowly registering everything. He saw Spark first but then met eye contact with me.

"Darkrai made contact with you last night, but luckily someone found you. You're ok now." I gave the trainer a soft smile and nod as Jasper spoke, trying to reassure them.

"Thanks. Did you two need something?" I went ahead and stepped in front of Spark, moving closer to Jasper's friend. Jasper stayed in his place, seeming worried.

"Yeah. Where were you when you were attacked by Darkrai, do you remember?" they looked away from my eye contact, looking uncertain about the events that have happened in the past few hours. I waited patiently next to them to see if anything comes up, trying to ignore Jasper that was beside me.

"Mm... I remember leaving the gym we took over. Is my Rapidash still there..." worried about their gym, they took out their phone and went to check. I watched them sigh in relief, and they showed me. Their Rapidash was still there, and since Gengar was at the top of the gym, that means Jasper's Pokémon was also there.

"I parted ways with Jasper, he had other business to take care of. I... was heading back home, but the Pokémon that appeared in front of me stopped me. Their dark eyes... seemed focused on another direction. I thought there was someone watching us take over the gym, so I assumed it was them. Before I could think any further, I was knocked out." Now that I was listening to them more, they sounded more masculine. They had one of their appearances that made it hard to tell if they were a boy or a girl, like Blanche, but Blanche chose to be nonbinary and we respected that.

"Um, do you know why you were attacked...?" I tried not to glance at Spark when they knew about us watching the gym. Thankfully they didn't seem to know who was there, so we were safe. I could feel Spark's nerves from behind me. I watched Jasper's friend shake their head.