Chapter Five

Author's Notes: Okay... let me apologize for taking so long to upload this chapter...
I was editing the previous chapters. I haven't had the chance to upload the edited version yet, but really, I was searching for a mistake I made hahaha. It's nothing that needs to be taken out. It's just something I need for the later chapters I already have written down. Expect more updates soon! Love you all! LMAO as I casually update the wrong chapter, I'll just go ahead and update both then so I don't confuse anyone!

*** *** ***

Spark sent out his trusty Jolteon to help sniff out our stranger. Riley helped push us through the wild agitated Pokémon, my Charizard helping every now and then. Part-way through I switched Pokémon and let my Hitmonchan help instead, taking this chance to train them.

While we ventured through our path, we heard from Riley that he's the new owner of this Island. He did consider holding a gym here since he allows trainers to train (long as they got an invitation), but he had a feeling it wouldn't be good for the wild Pokémon. We did have a few gyms where wild Pokémon were dangerous like this place, so we didn't see a problem with it, but Riley did have a point.

Spark stopped in his tracks half-way to the top of the mines. Up ahead was a dark figure, one that was hard to make out because it was lingering in the shadows.

"Use Thundershock," Spark gave his Jolteon a chance to finally attack. If it was a ground-type, the move would fail. We watched the electricity strike at the direction, only to hit the wall.

"Jolty, behind you...!" he saw the opponent appear on time, but his Jolteon did not. It was a Mismagius, and it was building up a Shadow Ball. Luckily before it could hit, a wave of blue, purple, and red energy smacked into it, creating smoke in the air. Lucario supported Jolteon, standing in-between the two Pokemon. The Mismagius laughed and disappeared again, appearing behind my Hitmonchan. I pulled out its pokéball to return it, but the Mismagius had its eyes on its prey and used Mean Look. I gritted my teeth—this wouldn't be such an issue if I had something other than a fighting type out. Now I was low on the amount of moves I could use.

"Use—Hitmonchan, look out!" this Mismagius was fast, faster than any other ghost type I've come across. It was probably faster than the Gengar that Jasper had during the gym battle. It used its speed to cast Psywave, a move that had perfect accuracy. This wasn't looking good for my Hitmonchan at all, the Pokémon's HP was falling fast. Its best stat was Attack, not HP, so this only hurt the Pokémon-in-training even more.

Hitmonchan worked on standing back up to its feet, and while it did so, I saw sparks flying at the Mismagius. The Jolteon had electricity circling all around its body, ready to intervene. It howled loudly to gather more attention its way, the Mismagius turning its head to look at it.

"I'm your opponent. It's only fair, since we attacked you first." Spark didn't always battle, but when it came down to it, he was ready. He held a cocky grin; whatever fear from before was now gone. Hitmonchan took this opportunity to step back closer to me, taking a moment to rest but stay ready if it was needed. Riley was still near us, but he seemed to be focused on finding something else. The same was for his Lucario, who had its eyes closed.

"Let's do this, Thunder Fang!" fired up as its trainer, the Jolteon let the sparks light from its mouth in many vibrant shades of yellow. It ran fast enough to chomp onto the Migmagius' skirt-like bottom, the Pokemon struggling to break free. It flailed about in attempts to swing the electric type off, but the Jolteon held on tight.

"...Mystical Fire." My ears perked up when a fire-type move was commanded. We all started to look to see where the sound was coming from, but the trainer was hiding in the shadows. Mismagius started to create a circle-like ring of flames around itself. I knew then what was about to happen next.