Chapter Eight

Author's Notes: Hopefully no one saw that last update lolol.
Sorry for updating really slow on this. Haven't really been feeling the vibe for this story. And truth be told, I have had this chapter done, but I like to wait until I have a few more things written. This is for you lovely wattpad viewers.

We made it to Eterna City without running into Jasper or the Darkrai somehow. I thought we saw a glimpse of Jasper in the Floroama Meadow, but Spark said I imagined it. Right now, Spark was acting like a complete tourist in Eterna City. He went left and right, and he was going to cycle along the bike path but he was stopped since he (unfortunately) left his bike back in Kanto.

"Why didn't you bring your bike, Spark? You heard from Professor Willow that there'd be a bike path here." I sighed and he flailed his arm in complaint.

"I was going to, but it went ka-put. It was really old, I need a new one." He sighed and I held onto my temple.

"Do I even want to know?" I could only imagine what had happened to his bike.

"What? It wasn't that bad! My, uh, assistant borrowed it and something or rather happened along those lines." He followed behind me while we talked, and although I couldn't see it, I knew that he flailed his arms more than before.

"...Did they tell you what happened?" I turned on my phone when it buzzed and saw that Professor Willow left me a message. I read it while Spark spoke to me.

"No... kind of? They were nervous about it. I decided not to pry, since it was an accident—where are you going?" he had to skid to a stop to not run into a building as I took a sudden turn, one opposite of our current location.

"Professor Willow wants us to go this way. Did he message you?" I followed the map and the location, but I didn't wait for Spark. He could keep up with me even while he looked down at his phone and check his messages.

"Oh, he did... Blanche must've told him that we were together." He shrugged and slipped his phone back in his pocket and suddenly he moved ahead of me. We made it at a nice apartment, one that almost reminded me of the apartments back in Kanto. The ones here were a lot wider, and there was a more modern look to them.

We went up a few floors and noticed one was different than the others, since it had a few small rooms here and there. Spark ended up by a few Pokémon that crowded around him when he kneeled. Somehow, he never ceased to amaze me whenever Pokémon admired him. However, there was one that was in its little corner, away from everyone else. It was a fire-type, a small Growlithe.

"Hey little guy," I went to kneel to the Pokémon's level and it opened its eyes. That was when I saw one of its eyes was scarred on top, and had a different color than the other. The Growlithe watched me and licked its paw, quietly it groomed its ear until it saw movement. It scooted closer into its corner, and growled at the shadow behind me.

"Spark, you somehow scared it," I was surprised as he was when the timid Pokémon continued to growl and glare at him.

"It's a girl, and she's being treated well here..." he said softly as he stepped back to give the Pokémon space.

"That's good, but it still doesn't trust anyone... at least not us...." I let out my hand slowly to see if the Pokémon would trust a fire expert like me. The Growlithe stared at my hand for a moment, but it stopped and ran out of its little room.

"Oh my," a voice other than Spark's was heard, and I turned to see who it was. I saw the Growlithe jump into the mans' arms, giving him a different expression than she did with us.

"Professor Oak, we were about to go up and see you." I said with a smile, glad to see the familiar face.

"It's quite all right. I figured you two would find where the Pokémon are. Today's their play day," he easily patted the Growlithe on the head, and I felt a hint of envy enter my mind.