Chapter Two

It didn't take long before we arrived in Sinnoh. I was hoping to find out more information about the mysterious Pokémon, but no one seemed to have heard anything. They were all clueless as we were. Spark told me to wait for him so he can talk to the league council girl one more time. I waited patiently as I could, wondering how long it would take for them to talk. Luckily Spark didn't take long, and came just in time before Jasper could come up to me. Spark took my arm and led the way, leaving Jasper clueless. The mysterious boy went to talk to the league council member instead, allowing Spark and I some space.

"Which Inn are we staying at tonight...? It'll take us a while to reach our destinations." I did enjoy leaving at night, but we were both tired from our travels. Spark wanted to follow me for long as he could.

"The one by the Pokemon Center will do, if it's not too packed." I agreed with his decision. Luckily, we managed to reserve a room-- his intuition being spot-on once again. This time instead of me laying on the bed once we entered the room, it was Spark, who tapped his fingers on his stomach and looked at the ceiling.

"What was it you wanted to share with me, Spark...?" I went to sit at the edge of the bed, knowing he won't mind. He stayed silent for a few moments, as if trying to sort out the thoughts in his head.

"Mm, well..." he continued to lay in his spot, but he started to kick his feet. To me it didn't look like he wanted to sit still. I stood up and offered him a hand.

"Want to go on a late walk?" he looked at me and nodded, taking my offer and grinning as he was pulled back onto his feet. We headed outside and decided to check around the area, but not straying too far away from town. I let Spark lead the way since he had the most energy. He held an egg in his arms, taking this as a good opportunity. I gave him all the time he needed. Most of our walk was silent; it wasn't until we turned around that he started to seem more lively.

"I have some information on that Pokémon for you. It's not a whole lot, though, but maybe you can find out more than me. You're good at that." He put his hands behind his head and looked at the moon. I continued to watch him carefully and our surroundings.

"Do you know what it's called, then? You said it's related to Cresselia.." I had a feeling I knew which one it was, but I wasn't positive. There were many Sinnoh legendaries compared to any other region.

"It's called Darkrai, and it does like to stay on its own little Island. Someone thinks it got lost. I think... Jasper might be researching it, and that's why he had the Lunar Wing on hand." Well, that made sense to me. Whoever Jasper was, they knew their way around things, as the league council lady had said. They were especially interested in me.

"Darkrai... I've heard of it. I wonder what it wanted from me. Help, perhaps?" I started to question this Pokémon's motives. It didn't want on the ship, that much we knew. How it ended up on board was the real question. What it wanted was another. I was contemplating my thoughts until Spark tapped my shoulder to get my attention.

Up ahead were two trainers in a pokemon battle. This place had one of our league gyms, and it was team instinct vs. team valor. We decided to hide in a corner, not wanting to distract the trainers from their match. Team Instinct had the current gym, but my team was taking it over. There were two people. One looked unfamiliar to me, the other... Jasper.

When Spark saw that he was on my team, he pulled me closer into the hiding spot. I knew what was up but didn't say anything, and allowed him to keep me hidden. He wanted to say something, but he kept his mouth covered, trying not to look annoyed.

The Pokemon that Jasper sent out was a Gengar, one at a decent CP. The other trainer helping them had a Rapidash, which was easily dominating this gym. It took them both a few tries, but they eventually took over. When they did, I felt a hint of regret. Whoever Jasper was... I didn't want him on my team. Spark obviously didn't either, as he seemed to be busy sending someone a text message. I tapped him to see what he was doing.

"Shh." I rolled my eyes when he put a hand over my mouth so I wouldn't have the chance to say anything. I stared at him down in despair and waited for Jasper to leave. When the gym turned red indicating that team valor took over, he left, his Gengar and the Rapidash now on the front line. Once he was out of sight, Spark let me free.

"...I was texting for help in the Sinnoh region. I'm not letting that loser make you uncomfortable. He doesn't deserve to be on anyone's team." As Spark let out his words, he looked about ready to punch someone in the face. I simply looked at him straight in the eyes.

"I'm not sure what you have against this guy Spark, but for now he's like any other trainer. Let him have this gym. If you guys take them over, he'll think something's up. Besides, some of Blanche's teammates might take it." I went to have a closer look at the gym, but Spark pulled me back again. Someone else had already taken a spot and raised its prestige drastically. I was surprised with how many Valor's were in Sinnoh.

"Let's get going." Spark started to lead the way back. I watched the gym closely, wondering who would take the next spot before turning to follow. It's been a long day, and I knew Spark was tired, which would explain why he was overreacting right now. He surprisingly stayed quiet, only making noises once one of his eggs had successfully hatched into a baby Nidoran.

"Do you think we should call Blanche in the morning, or right now...? They did say call soon as we got here..." the thought had just occurred to me. I wasn't sure how late Blanche stayed up, but we all seemed to be night owls, despite Spark being an early riser.

"Yeah, let's do that. Hang on, I'll call them..." Spark started to call them up. It took a few rings, but eventually they did answer. We were almost back at our Inn.

"Spark...? Is Candela with you?" Blanche sounded tired. Spark put the phone on speaker, so it'd be easier for both of us.

"She is. We're both fine, it's been a long day. How about you, are things good on your end?" whenever I listen to Spark talk to Blanche, he sounded excited. Then again, I also had that vibe. There was something about Blanche that lighted up our energy. We welcomed them with open arms.

"Mm... I think so. I did talk to someone important, it was Lance. He had information on the Battle Frontier for Candela." I raised a brow, and both me and Spark looked at each other. I wasn't sure if he was thinking the same thing as me.

"We met up with someone important, too. Lucienne was on the ship." Spark said her name with ease. For some reason, I always forgot her name. She told it to me when we were first introduced, but it wasn't easy to remember.

"Lucienne was there? Hmm... we can talk about this tomorrow, when I'm able to comprehend words. Good night, you two." Before I had the chance to speak up, Blanche hung up the phone. Spark stretched his arms in the air and went on ahead to open the door to our room. Thankfully, we didn't run into anyone else on the way back.

"Makes me wonder what Blanche's doing if they met up with Lance. Maybe Lance knows more about Jasper. What do you think?" I shrugged my shoulders and went into the other room to change into my night clothes. Spark waited for me to finish so he could do the same.

"I think there's more to Jasper than him just being on my team. He was talking about Team Void... what an eerie name..." while Spark was changing, although I couldn't see, I knew that he had paused what he was doing. A hint of concern had filled the atmosphere, but it immediately disappeared when he stepped out.

"...What are you wearing?" I never did understand Spark's fashion sense. He flopped on his bed and looked at me, finally making his grin of the day. I thought I'd never be able to see it.

"You've never worn Pokémon pajamas before? Try them sometime, they're super-duper comfortable. And you can have fun in them." I didn't want to know what he meant by 'fun', but I simply shook my head. He lay down on his bed and turned off the light.

"Anyway, let's get some sleep. Gotta wake up before the Pidgey do, y'know." I found it hard to understand the way he phrased things, but it is Spark that was saying them. I let him set the alarm and before I knew it, it was lights out.

*** *** ***