Chapter 4

"Bloody hell! That was more tiring than I expected it would be!" Hermione said as she stared around Tom's room. She helped Tom decorate his new room because she was bored and thought it'd be fun. "Mione, thank you for the help. The room looks amazing!" Tom stated and Hermione nodded in agreement.

Hermione had helped Tom paint the room into a really dark shade of blue. And she had to admit, the color suits him very well.

One thing that Hermione learned about Tom that day was that he was a very organized man. He arranged all his things very systematically. The books would be arranged by the size from the largest on the right to the smallest on the left. Some things were arranged according to their colors. Some were arranged according to the alphabet order. Literally everything was in order.

"I think i'm going to go and take a shower now. After that, i'll cook dinner for us, okay? You can just stay in the room. I'll call for you when everything's ready."

Hermione was annoyed that Tom didn't reply her but brushed it off anyway. Poor man probably couldn't believe he just moved.

"Welcome home, Tom." Hermione gave him a gentle squeeze on the shoulder before leaving his room.

"Home..." Tom whispered as he stared at the closed door.

Life was great for both Tom and Hermione. They got comfortable with each other quite quickly for a pair of acquaintances. They also divided the house chores fairly. For example, if Hermione cooks, Tom does the dishes but if Tom cooks, Hermione does the dishes. Other than that, if Hermione vacuums the house, Tom does the laundry and also vice versa. They liked each other's presence, much to Hermione's surprise.

Hermione and Tom have been living together for almost two months now. So far, all was well.

"Mmm, smells good! What's cooking?" Tom asked while biting on a carrot next to Hermione. "Blackpepper chicken chop with the side of smoked beans and mashed potatoes. Sound good?" Hermione asked. Tom grinned and nodded his head like a little schoolboy does when he receives candy from his mummy.

After years of living alone, Hermione learned a lot of new recipes. Hermione even admitted to some of her friends that she could star her own cooking show. Of course, everyone would roll their eyes at her.

"Goodness, Mione, this is really good!" Tom chewed on the chicken, enjoying every single taste he could taste from the chicken. "Aren't ya glad i'm your housemate?" Hermione joked. Tom bobbed his head side to side with an ungiving expression. Hermione threw a napkin at him and muttered "You know you are."

The two ate in silence after that. Tom would glance at Hermione once in awhile and she would do the same. Sometimes they both got caught looking at each other too.

After they were done eating, they remain seated at the dining table. "Mione, can I ask you something?" Tom asked. "Hmmh?"

"That picture, I've been curious since the day I stepped into this house. I've been wanting to ask you this.. The boy in glasses next to you, isn't he the legendary Harry Potter?" Tom asked.

Hermione froze. "How... do you-" she stuttered, couldn't seem to get the words out of her. "My, my! It's true then! Well now we know one more detail about each other huh?" Tom smiled.

"You're a wizard? ALL THIS TIME, YOU'RE A WIZARD?! B-but I've never heard of you before.."

"Miss Granger, I think this will surprise you but there are millions of wizards in this world." Tom smirked at her and received himself a sneer. "And anyways, I grew up in France so I've never been to the London part of the Wizarding World, which is probably why you've never heard of me." Hermione nodded silently.