Chapter 10

Tom licked the tip of his finger and turned to the next page. He couldn't stop grinning while reading the book that Hermione had gave him.

"This is simply ridiculous." he laughed while reading a paragraph.

Riddle was a very excellent student. A very huge shame that his obsession over power turned him into a monster. A foul creature. He was once the light of Hogwarts Wizar-

Tom shut the book close then threw it on the floor. He lied down on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Remember what you're here for, don't get distracted, remember, don't be distracted. he thought to himself. He let out a deep sigh and closed his eyes.

"Remember," he said in a hushed voice and dozed off.

______________

*knock knock*

"Come in!"

"Hey sweetheart." Tom said while his head poked through the small gap of Hermione's door. "Goodness, you look creepy like that, just come in now love." Tom walked in and closed the door.

"I missed you." he said as he crawled onto the bed to Hermione. "We just saw each other three hours ago at work Tom." Hermione rolled her eyes and continued reading her book. Tom pouted and crossed his arms.

"How was the interview?" she placed her book down on the side table and laid her head on his chest. Tom stroked her hair gently and hugged her with his other arm. "It was alright I guess. Can't say I'm too impressed but I also can't say that I'm not impressed." he answered.

"I miss you too Tom." Hermione lifted her head off of his chest and slowly lowered her face to his. Tom reached for her face and drew circles on her cheek with his thumb softly while his eyes went right through hers. "I love you." he mumbled, a second before crashing his lips on hers.

After what seemed like an eternity, the two finally pulled away from the kiss. Tom was still gasping for air when Hermione hugged him again. "I love you more, love." she said.

The next morning, the two did their normal Saturday routine. Tom and Hermione both woke up early and went for a jog together at the park.

Once they got home, Tom asked Hermione to be ready and to wear fancy at 6 pm. Apparently, he wanted to take her somewhere special. Right after he told her that, he left the house, leaving a clueless Hermione worrying about what to wear for the event that is about to happen in another ten hours.

_______________

Tom tied up his tie and put on his jacket. Applied a bit of gel in his hair, to keep them in place.

Hermione tied up her hair into a messy bun. Lipstick as red as Pinot Noir wine.

Tom gave himself one last look in the mirror. Patted his chest to make sure his wand was in place. He was ready.

Hermione put on her black diamond necklace. Gave herself one last look in the mirror. She was ready.

*knock knock*

"Are you ready, kochanie?" she heard him say through the door.

"I'll be out in a few."