Chapter 5

For everyone else, it was just another normal day in the office. Lecturers in and out and in and out of the office, taking turns to teach the students.

However, it was no normal day for Hermione Granger. The date on the calender shows May 2nd 2010. Hermione couldn't ever forget what happened on May 2nd. Two of her best friends, BROTHERS, died at a place they three call Home.

Hermione was in a foul mood the whole day.

"Mrs Hopkins said the Chancellor wanted reports of our teaching, is that right?" Tom asked. Hermione didn't look up but she nodded. "Is this correct?" Tom handed Hermione a small stack of papers. Hermione checked them one by one and underlined some of the errors. Tom leaned closer next to Hermione while watching her examine his papers.

*click click click*

"Daisy! Why the hell are you taking pictures?!" Hermione scolded. "Look at you two! So perfect!" Daisy smiled and left to her own cubicle.

"Mione, you don't have to be so mad because of that." Tom said softly. "Tom, I'm just- I have my personal problems okay and- I just-" Hermione massaged her forehead and got up. She hung her coat on her arm and brought her briefcase in the other hand. "I have to go, i'm sorry. I have underlined everything that is wrong so I expect that you can fix it on your own, right? Don't wait for me. I'll be home late."

Hermione advanced towards the door and left a speechless Tom standing by her cubicle.

Once she was outside, Hermione ran behind a hidden tree and shut her eyes. Thinking of all the happy memories she had at that one place. Hermione didn't knew why, but after all these years of not going there, she suddenly felt like she needed to be there.

With a soft crack, she arrived in Diagon Alley.

"I miss this place." Hermione looked around her and saw both children and adults buying cauldrons and quills. Some were buying brand new robes, some were buying pets and wands. It was a very nostalgic view.

In the corner of her eyes, she could see the legendary shop, Weasleys Wizard Wheezes. She wondered to herself, should she go visit George? The last time they met was around 6 years ago. Everytime Hermione visited Diagon Alley for a drink at The Leaky Cauldron, she thought it'd be best if she didn't go to the Weasley's to avoid any emotional talks. She knew it was wrong of her to do so and swore she'd never lose the guilt in her for it.

After thinking for awhile, Hermione took a deep breath and walked slowly towards the shop.

She opened the door and saw George right at the back of the shop, showing some students around, teaching them how to use the candies. She inhaled the smell of magical treats and grinned at the goodness of it's scent. Hermione wanted to go to George but Lee Jordan came to her first. "Blimey! Hermione is that you?" he asked with wide eyes. Hermione smiled weakly and nodded. "Wow, you- you haven't changed!" Hermione laughed weakly, understanding what he meant by that. "Lee, can I please go to George now. I have to talk to him." Hermione said and Lee graciously stepped out of her way.

She slowly approached George from the back and tapped his shoulders. George gave the candy in his hand to the student he was talking to and turned around.

"No- it can't be.. Mione?" George's eyes teared up when he saw the woman in front her. Hermione thought George looked different. After the war, George became a different man, more weak, more sad, more broken. But Hermione didn't wonder why because she knew exactly the reason he was like that.

Fred, Ron and Harry died at the war, Molly and Ginny died three days later at St Mungo's, Percy left the house and moved to God knows where, Charlie moved to Rome and Bill moved to France leaving him and Arthur alone at home. But a week before she left for London, Arthur died of a heart attack. So now, George is left all on his own.