Lena

"Lena Res, 17, Aquarius." I speak into the intercom before placing my thumb on the fingerprint scanner. 

The door clicks open and I step through, walking past a group of guys, all dressed in suits.

"Lena!" One of them shouts and his eyes are familiar but I can't remember his name. I think it starts with a G.

He waves his hand so I wave back before disappearing around the corner.

I walk around my fathers office and continue down the hall, avoiding eye contact with a secretary who steps out of one of the rooms.

I make it to the end of the hallway and I peek behind me before slipping inside.

I open the file cabinet and beginning flicking through various names.

"Katherine Shelling." I whisper, pulling out a manilla envelope with her name on it.

"What are you up to?" I hear suddenly which makes me jump. I look up to see the boy from the lobby.

Shaggy brown hair and chocolate brown orbs in a suit staring down at my embarrassed state.

"Oh, hi..."

"Griffin." He finishes for me and I shake my head.

"Right. I'm sorry." I say standing and he steps forward to peer behind the desk.

"Katherine Shelling? What do you want with her?" He eyes the envelope and I don't react fast enough for him to grab it out of my hand.

He looks at it and raises his eyebrow.

"My dad was talking about her last night on the phone. I wanted to know more about why she's on the other side."

"You're eavesdropping on the president of RES?" He asks surprised but I can see his slight smile.

"He's my father." I say matter-of-factly, taking the papers back from him. "And I wasn't eavesdropping. I was just passing by his room and I heard him talking in a hushed tone."

"So.... You eavesdropped." He says with an eyebrow raised, giving me a look.

"Griffin!" I yell, hitting him in the arm with the envelope.

But when he suddenly shushes me and crouches behind the desk, I'm reminded that we're not actually supposed to be in here.

"Look, read the file or not, but we have to get out of here." He whispers, rushing to a door that leads to another empty office. "Take this hallway and go before your father finds out you were here."

"He already knows. I signed in at the front." I tell him peeking around the doorframe.

"You what!?" He over reacts, shutting the door and locking us inside.

"What? I had to get in." I say, folding the paper and slipping it into my jeans pocket.

"You could have used the janitors door in the back." He says with a smug smile and I narrow my eyes.

"The what??" I ask exasperated and he laughs.

"You're so in trouble." He says covering his face with his hands.

"No I'm not. I'll get on the server and delete my entry." I say, quickly running over to the open laptop on the desk.

"How do you know how to do that??" He asks astonished and I shrug.

"You don't?" When he doesn't reply I know he wish he did. "I used to watch my father when I couldn't sleep. I'd stand right over the window pane and watch him for hours."

"Did he know you were there?" Griffin asks but I never really thought about that until now.

"I'm sure he must have. But then again, I don't know." I stop typing and sigh. "I mean, he hid his job from me for the longest time. He used to tell me he was a mechanic."

"That's rough. I think my dad's in the corporate service but I'm not sure."

"He's on the other side??" I gasp suddenly realizing why he looked familiar.

"He killed my mother." He says lowly as if I should know. I do know but I just realized that right now.

"I know. I just..."

"Forgot?" He finishes for me and I nod, embarrassed. "That's okay. Nobody ever remembers me."

"That's not true." I say immediately trying to defend him but I realized that I didn't even know I knew him in the lobby.

"Yeah it is." He says, hurt laced in his tone.

"I know exactly who you are Griffin Garrett. You were on the football team in high school and played triangle in the school musical. You have a hilarious sense of humor and you have a fabulous taste in music. You get flustered easy but make up for it with your smile. You're very charismatic and outgoing and easily impressed. And several of the cheerleaders told me that you shampoo your hair twice. Your father killed your mother when you were five with a frying pan to the skull and you've lived with your aunt Helen since he was put on the other side. You enjoy reading and singing but you're not very good at it. And you look really good in a suit." I finish and he stares at me with his lips parted. "You just have one of those faces but trust me, everyone remembers you."