Chapter 4

"There will be seven participants in this war. The last one was revealed yesterday" you started.

"First participant Emiya Kiritsugu and his servant Saber. It seems that he's merely hired to achieve the Einzbern's long-held dream of winning the Holy Grail. As you may know, there are three old houses competing with each other in this war – Tohsakas, Einzberns and... and Matous" you could see Archer lifting his eyes" Even though it's now just a shadow of what they used to be. I would consider his motives quite unimpressive but his spirit Saber cannot be misjudged. Then we have Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald with Lancer and Velvet Waver with Rider. Their spirits are also strong but they don't have any motive to win the War, all they want is glory that winning Grail could give. Then Kotomine Kirei and his servant Assassin. Fitted spirit indeed as Kotomine is known to be and Executor. His motives are unknown. Caster's master is Ryuunosuke Uryuu the most disgusting master of them all as he doesn't even understand the meaning of Grail. All he wants to have is fun. Pathetic weakling. Then the last one." You swallowed the feelings inside you "The last one is Berserker's master. It's Matou Takeshi. His true motive is unknown. That's all"

Gilgamesh was sitting quietly. You were waiting for some word or reaction because it was getting awkward.

"Hmm, it seems that none of them has any meaningful motive to seek my treasure" Gilgamesh broke the silence. "I guess you are the only one left with a motive that could surprise me even though you don't know it yourself"

"I think for now I'll fight for fun, it's not like I could loose with a spirit like that" you told. That sounded so not like you, as you weren't used to give compliments, but that was the truth. How could you ever lose with him?

Gilgamesh smirked. He knew he was the strongest spirit out there. And he will take what belongs to him, but not before he finds out what your motive is.

"I will take my leave then. I need to pack my things, this evening we are leaving to Fuyuki City, where the War is going to take place. My parents had a residence there"

And you left. The castle you lived in when you were a child was in Japan but after your parents were murdered you decided to pack your things and leave to Canada together with your childhood nanny as your parents also owned a castle in this country plus you loved the cold weather. She was the closest person to you. And even though being a nanny sounds week, she was a well-trained spy, who helped you to gather information about other competitors. But you asked her to take holidays until the war ends. You smiled to yourself. "I hope she won't get sunstroke in Miami" Even though your nanny was reluctant to leave you somehow pursued her to take a break with one condition - to call her immediately if you need something.

After six hours you were sitting in a private plane ready to take off. Archer was nowhere to be seen. "Well, I hope he won't get lost" you mumbled to yourself.

"You were saying?" You heard that sweet voice just right to your ear. You shivered and almost karate-chopped him, but somehow managed to restrain yourself. Gilgamesh was sitting right next to you, his face inches from your ear.

"Don't appear suddenly like that, you scared me! How did you even get here?" you didn't like it, you completely lost your cold attitude. It seems that he noticed it because you saw a small grin on his face.

"I don't need doors to be in places I want to be" he said mischievously smiling.

"Miss Tohsaka, are you ready to take off?'"

You regained your posture and nodded. It was strange. You were flying above Pacific Ocean with the strongest spirit sitting right next to you (somehow he didn't say anything about you not being worthy to sit next to him or something which was strange) and this strange feeling in your stomach. Mixed feelings of excitement, fear and something you couldn't even describe. Tomorrow is going to be intense so you decided to get some sleep before you land. You closed your eyes and fell into the abyss of sleep.