Chapter 6

Finally the morning came. You were never an early bird so your morning was 11 a.m. You went through your daily morning routine and decided to have a run as Archer was nowhere to be seen.

"Tch. To get a spirit with an Independence Action. A bit inconvenient" you thought to yourself. Even though Archers are one of the strongest and so was Gilgamesh they are quite hard to deal with as they're really independent and self-assured. But that's the spirit you got.

Your run wasn't just to explore the city you knew quite well but also to check it. It seemed that there were no magic barriers around. But one building caught your attention. It was an ordinary house. But the entrance to the yard was closed with yellow duct tape. "Gas leak? Or something else?" you thought.

When you returned home you decided to investigate the house you saw earlier. It seems that yesterday a dead family was found. Mother, father and a child. Every one of them was brutally killed.

You were sitting in an office. One wall was all glass windows so you could see perfectly what was happening on the outside. Moon was illuminating the room. You heard footsteps.

"You finally came back, Gilgamesh. "You said while standing up. You bowed greeting him. "Were you exploring this era?"

Gilgamesh nodded. "It's interesting but disgusting. You humans seem to have corrupted this age completely. Useless mongrels. "

You smiled. "I agree. This age is rather ugly. "

Gilgamesh seemed surprised. "Ugly you say? Are you calling your age including yourself ugly? I thought you were supposed to defend your surroundings. Don't you have any dignity? You humans truly are disgusting"

"I don't think seeing the truth is disgusting. And yes humans are corrupted I'm not denying it and not saying that I'm some exception. But seeing the true nature of this world at least doesn't make you and ignorant worm" you answered.

It seemed that Gilgamesh was about to say something but he shut his mouth. And you knew why. You also felt it. Something was coming.

You climbed on the roof and felt Gilgamesh manifesting himself just after you stood upon your feet. It was definitely a servant... Didn't feel like a really strong one.

Then you saw it. A black figure covered in black covers and skull-like mask was standing below. You were right. By reading his rankings you decided.

"He's mine. " You said.

"Yours? Will you be able to even land a hit on a servant? He's definitely no match to me it would be disgrace for me to even waste a second on him but you? You're just a little girl" Gilgamesh was mocking you.

"Well Assassins are mostly used to exterminate Masters so it seems he's my enemy and just like you said it would be hilarious for you to even bother." You said and jumped from the roof.

Assassin was standing still.

"You came to me, didn't you? " You asked.

Assassin nodded. "Yes you're my target but is it wise to leave your Servant behind? This will cost you your life stupid girl.

"We'll see about that" You closed your eyes. Finally... Finally some action. You concentrated. The grass around you was starting to cover itself with ice.

To Assassin's surprise you plunged your hand into your chest right where the tattoo was and pulled out a sword. A sword as white as snow.

"A sword? Is that your trick? Do you think you can beat me with a mere swo...? "

Assassin stopped talking as he felt a pain in his upper body. He touched it with a hand and it was red from blood. He looked in front of himself but you were nowhere to be seen. He turned back and saw you with your white sword casually put on your shoulder. Blood was dripping from its tip.

"How did you..?" Assassin was about to ask but instantly looked down to his wound. Ice was coming from it and bit by bit covering all of his body.

"Goodbye Assassin. And there I thought you would give me a decent fight" You said to an ice figure as it was slowly fading away leaving white dusts behind.

Gilgamesh smiled and turned away. When you turned back golden dusts were all that you saw.