Chapter 20

You couldn't see anything but the darkness was dazzling. You couldn't hear anything but the silent was ear-splitting. You couldn't feel anything and yet your body felt heavy and numb.

Were you floating? Were you flying? Were you drowning? You couldn't tell. It was irritating as hell.

You tried to move your hand but failed to remember where it was. Eyelashes that were supposed to be weightless felt heavier than a boulder.

Concentrate. You told yourself. Remember.

Those words...

Concentrate.

They sounded familiar. As they were fidgeting some part of you that still had its free will, still had those memories. Memories of before. Before this... This emptiness.

Concentrate.

Concentrate.

Concentrate.

...

And then like a bolt out the blue it hit you. Memories flooded your mind, your body like a violet river.

The summoning and the war and the Grail and the promise and the fight and the loss and Gilgamesh... And the wish.

The wish you held as it was a lifebuoy ring before you... Before you what exactly? What is this stage of yours?

You just wanted to open those eyes of yours.

"Wake up."

You heard a voice. A gentle woman voice.

"You need to wake up."

You wanted to wake up, more than anything.

"I want to, but I can't!"

"Sure you can, just focus."

Well you've been trying to do just that, but it wasn't really working.

"Please, help me."

"Remember what I've told you once? That if something makes you happy, you should seek it? I know your happiness lies there, just go and take it."

Yes. Yes you remember those words. When she used to say them with her soothing voice...

Wake up.

Wake up.

WAKE UP.

"Mom..." You were now looking at a figure in front of you. She hasn't changed since the last time you saw her. Her figure wrapped into a white silk dress and her (e/c) eyes sparkling as they've always used to.

"Hi, honey." God, you've missed her voice so much...

"I miss you. So so much. Every day since that day." Your sight was starting to blur because of tears gathering and falling.

"I miss you too, (y/n). Now come, hug your mother."

Not that she needed to repeat that. You jolted to her and hugged her waist firmly, burying your face into her chest and watering it with tears.

In the meantime she was gently stroking your head, letting all of those emotions fade away or at least reduce them.

When your pool of tears was finally dried out you looked at her again. She looked so fragile and pale, almost not real, but the smile she gave you was so loving that memories of your childhood were more vivid than ever.

"I have so many questions... I don't even know where to start..." You began, but stopped as your voice cracked.

"Start from the beginning. I'll try to answer everything." Your mom tried to encourage you.