Chapter 13

Berserker screamed again and quickly jumped towards Gilgamesh. But he just simply evaded him like the knight was nothing more than a fly. Your servant quickly materialized himself on his plane and flew away. Berserker started following him by corrupting one of the jets flying around. To be honest when you finally examined the surroundings you saw that quite a few people are watching this show that Caster has created. And that was bad. You knew what your dad would do – he was responsible for keeping Magi and normal words separated. That would have been your responsibility but now it didn't bother you. You didn't care. You weren't worried about Gilgamesh either. His ego alone was a powerful weapon not to mention his real power. All you cared about right now was right in front of you. His sinister smile appeared again.

"You want to ask something? Feel free."

Yes. Of course you wanted. And he knew the question.

"Stop playing fool, Takeshi. You know what I want."

"Let's play a game, (y/n). Beat me in a fight and I'll answer your question. Deal?"

You frowned. "How will you answer my question dead?"

He laughed. But it was so evil, goosebumps popped on your body. "We'll see about that."

But you knew there was no point of arguing. You just need to beat him. Not to kill him. And then the strangest thing happened. He unbuttoned his shirt and you saw a tattoo really similar to yours. And then... Then Takeshi plunged his hand to his chest and pulled out a sword. Similar to yours but completely black and scorched with fire.

"You have to be kidding me." There wasn't a single thing you could've thought of. One of the legendary swords - the fire one was right in front of you. Takeshi smiled.

"As you can see we even use the same magic. I was shocked too when I saw the Storage tattoo on your chest. Aren't we besties?" He laughed again.

You were speechless. You hated him so much you thought you'll explode. And that was because he was like a mirrored reflection of you. And he was always bringing up all the bad feelings whenever you thought of him. You pulled out of your sword and looked at him. This time it was his time to shiver as the look on your face was so full of hate it pierced him right into his rotten soul. The time for black and white swords to clash was finally here.

You jumped first – swung your sword as hard as you could. He met your sword with his – a powerful blast erupted from the area your swords clashed and wind – a mix of icy rage and hot madness – swiped everything in its way. You clashed swords again and again and again. It seemed there was no end to it –every swing was a question every block was an answer – both of you danced in a chaos of anger, sadness, and betrayal... Then you finally felt it – his swung has started to weaken. You instantly backed off. Your eyes met – his green orbs were an unreadable mayhem. What was that he wanted? To kill you? To cut off his ties with your family too? But why did he even start to walk this path of blood? You felt your hands shanking – you also started to lose your strength.

"I guess we are going to finish this soon, aren't we (y/n)?" Pearls of sweat were running down his face.

"I think we are. Any last words, Takeshi?"

"I hope we meet in hell, (y/n)."

"After you."

Both of you tightened you fists. Every feeling you both felt for each other during these years of nothingness was being poured into that one swing. Both of you charged forward.

Everything happened so quickly. Both of you were facing different directions. You no longer saw his face. Just an endless sky in front of you, which was somehow blurry. Suddenly the sword in your hand started to weight more than usual. You looked at it. Drops of blood were dripping from its tip. It looked so... pure – white sword with petals of blood. You turned back.

"I guess you owe me an answer." Words from your mouth were as cold as the soul of the winter itself.

Takeshi also turned back to face you. Red blood was dripping from his side and slowly ice started to spread.

"There are many things I could blame – my parents, you parents, our houses, old book I've accidentally found. " Takeshi looked at his wound. Then chuckled a bit – a sound was too sad to be considered a laugh. "Long story short – that night, 10 years ago, I heard our parents talking in our house. I haven't heard much but the things I've heard were enough – they were going to take you away from me. They were planning to move – permanently. If you and I hadn't stopped seeing each other. They wanted to separate us, (y/n)! And I couldn't allow that. I started to think what I could do to keep you here. Started to look for a problem and then I finally found it. You parents were the problem, so I decided to eliminate them. " He stopped to inhale some air as the ice was now covering almost every inch of his lower body. "So I killed them. I thought we could finally be together, but that stupid nanny of yours came and took you. I did everything I could to keep us together and she took you!" He was now screaming with his evil voice corrupting the night.

You stood still. You didn't know what to say. You couldn't comprehend what he just said. Instantly you ran to him, knocked him over and sat on him with your sword to his neck.

"You killed my parents! You took away my future! You left me empty! Broke my soul! For what!?" Rage was the only language you could speak at this moment. "For them to take me away? Why didn't you come to me? We could have found a solution! Together! Like everything we ever did! We could have run away!" You shouted. Tears from your eyes were falling on a person you once called your best friend.

"You loved you parents and that place! You think I didn't consider that? You would have never ever left that place!" Takeshi was now also shouting.

You froze still. "I guess you didn't know me as well as I thought." You pushed your sword closer to his throat.

Fear flashed in his eyes. "Are you really going to kill me? I know you can lift that ice curse your sword has. Don't do anything you parents wouldn't want you to do, (y/n)"

You couldn't believe his words. A boy, once cheerful and funny best friend, was now lying beneath you like a worm and cowardly trembling as ice was slowly coming for his life. His filthy lips were not worth mentioning your parents.

"Thanks to you, Takeshi, I will never have this opportunity to ask them. So long and goodbye. I hope I'll see you in hell." And you pierced your sword to his heart. The look of fear froze on his face. Takeshi instantly got covered in ice and became nameless dusts.

You were kneeling on a cold ground. Rain started to drop from the sky hiding the tears falling from your eyes or perhaps crying with you. Or perhaps for you – for your weary and broken soul. And still... You were feeling so light. So... weightless. Like that anchor from the past was finally letting you go and allowing to swim to the surface to finally inhale some air. You lifted your head up. The sky so endless and dark – just like the future you were finally starting to see.

Gilgamesh appeared in front of you. You knew that he had defeated Berserker long before you killed Takeshi. His expression was unreadable at first but then your eyes met and for the first time you saw a surprise in his eyes. It's just that you didn't know what surprised him. You didn't know that he finally saw the true colour of your eyes – they were so blue that the ocean itself could have drowned in it.