Icing Sugar I

I told my mother I would come home early, but time slipped past Asher and I, since we were having so much fun. I spent all morning just trying to make sure last night wasn't a dream. Asher had been the perfect gentlemen and made sure to make me feel included and secure when in large groups of people or introducing me to someone new. The football team acted like they were my big brothers. Like I needed more Alex's in my life, but regardless I couldn't keep this stupid, happy, grin off my face.

The house was relatively quiet. Too quiet for a Saturday morning. I would have probed further if it wasn't for the fact Asher wanted to take me on my first date today which was making me giddy with excitement and anticipation. I almost let out a girlish squeal but refrained myself from doing so at the last minute.

I needed another females' opinion on what to wear, hence why Scarlett was currently rifling through my closet. I twist my sleep top nervously as she gazes at my clothes, analytically.

"Did he tell you where you guys are going?" I shake my head as butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"The whole day is a surprise," I inform her. She shoots me a grin that I can't decipher. I think that's the first time I've seen her grin and it leaves me feeling a bit unhinged. I tear my gaze away from her to stare at Asher's bedroom window. His shutters were open again but the room was empty.

I hear a gasp come out of Scarlett's mouth before she squeals. The noise makes me jump because it's so unlike her.

"This is it," She tells me, breathlessly. I stare at the article in her hands and blush before her face scrunches up in confusion.

"Wait, why are you putting so much effort into this...I mean...you know..." She blushes and looks down at her feet. "Sorry," she mumbles, "That was insensitive."

I try not to wince at her very fair point, but I didn't want to just look pretty for him. I wanted to feel and look pretty for myself also.

"I know, you're right but-" I shrug helplessly, trying to convey my thoughts to her without looking like a complete nut job. "I think if I wear my best, I'd feel my best and be confident and outgoing."

"Makes sense." She said without a moment of hesitation. She places the dress in my hands. It was a pale pink with delicate floral print, adorning it, the straps were dainty and the back was open. She motions to leave the room so I can put it on.

My mum bought this for me years ago, I'd never had the confidence to wear it, until now. Stripping out of my clothes, I slip the soft, cotton, fabric over my body. The bodice hugged my curves nicely before the skirt flared out slightly, resting just above my knees. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked pretty, I thought to myself. I felt pretty.

I slip on a pair of strappy sandals and swipe some makeup on my face before walking out into the hallway and giving Scarlett a twirl. She claps her hands in delight.

"You look stunning and it's not only the dress but that glowing smile you can't keep off your face." She says, wagging her finger playfully. Before I can thank her for her compliment the doorbell rings. It's weird that Alex hasn't come out of his room once to snoop and ask what was happening.... maybe he really was sick.

I try not to fly down the stairs to open the door but by the time I reach the foyer you could tell I was considerably walking faster with this bounce/skip to my step. I hear Scarlett try to stifle her laugh behind me.

Throwing the door open Asher stands before me looking adorably unsure as he shifts from foot to foot. He's got this cute, navy blue, button down shirt on with small, white polka dots on it. My breath catches as he's not wearing his shades today and the shirt really brings out the flecks of blue and grey in his hazel eyes.