Chapter V

"Hey, Ji Hoo. Are you going to stand around here all day? This is dangerous territory, man." Woo Bin seriously doubted their safety right then.

"I know. Should've looked here first. That girl was always something of a warrior. Obviously she would worm her way into a mafia gang," Ji Hoo said, with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Ji Hoo, really. Just when we're about to give you up as being a frigid," Ee Jung teased. "You turn up with the hottest girl in the country, who by the way was the making of Gideon. Mafia princess."

"She's always been that way," Ji Hoo said. "Last I saw her was eleven years ago in Japan. Two months after I returned, she and Ga Eul were kidnapped. Even though the boat was tracked and all the passengers were confirmed, it took a week for that to happen. The ship was sunk by a man-made hole in the cellars. Every person in board drowned save those two girls."

"Hey, where are your passes?" All three swiveled on the spot, to see a tall man approaching them.

"I did try to warn you," Woo Bin whispered. "We sure as hell aren't getting out of here easily now."

"Sorry, we need passes to be entering the Emporium Building?" Ji Hoo asked, handling the situation with one of his disarming smiles with feigned ignorant innocence.

"The Emporium Building belongs to the Gideon Gang now," the man growled. "You better scram if you want to live. If dongsaeng Ja Rin finds out, you'll be in pieces before she stops to listen."

"Thanks. We actually got lost somewhere in the Emporium and are trying to find our way out. Could you help us?" Ji Hoo asked politely.

"Fine, just be quiet and follow." The man seemed quite taken by Ji Hoo, or overly suspicious of him, from the way he kept looking at the blond.

"Hey~! Roo Jin oppa, who are they?" Swiveling on the spot, they were met with none other than a suddenly horrified looking, suspicious Ga Eul.

"Ga Eul chan, they got lost in here. I'm showing them out right now," Roo Jin said, surprised. "Or do you perhaps happen to know them, then?"

"I know the two who followed me out of the restaurant," Ga Eul said mercilessly. "I don't know about Goldilocks but let's just take them all to the top. It's rude not to give them a tour."

"You're right," Roo Jin smirked, then caught Ee Jung and Woo Bin by the back of their collars. "You two are in front, at gunpoint, now walk. Ga Eul chan, you decide what to do with him."

Roo Jin walked the two sweating teens away, up the steep stairs leading to the roof of the golden Emporium Building. Ji Hoo's eyes followed them for a long moment. After all, they had been friends for ten years, and he was just a little bit worried. But he quickly turned back to Ga Eul.

"So, then, Ga Eul san, it's been a while."