Chapter XII

"Will you agree to be my girlfriend?"

Ja Rin wasn't sure she had heard right, and turned to stare at the tall teen who had spoken.

Tall, with that handsome sunlight golden hair that covered one side of his face, one dark, fine eyebrow in clear view over a warm black eye... he looked simply stunning in the slim white coat that showed off his muscled body, and black trousers, all with brass gold accessories.

She contemplated his offer. After years of using the gangster style of torture for information, she could tell when someone was messing with her, when someone lied and when they were honest. And right now, all she could read from his soft, deep voice and relaxed profile, was sincerity.

It was true that she loved Ji Hoo, and had been in love with the Prince since childhood. However, this kind of a relationship, especially with her well known reputation as the terror born to Gideon, could endanger his delicate position as the future King, and she would never bring any trouble upon the man she loved, knowingly.

Also, she wasn't unaware of the fact that Ji Hoo was still on good terms with her mother. If she accepted that proposal, she would come face to face with her mother, her only blood relative left alive, and she honestly dreaded that happening.

She had never been a model princess, even as a child. Eleven years of fighting intruders, battling for new territory, survival training, blood and sweat had probably drained any elegance or grace from her. If she came back to life, as the Princess of not just Japan, but also America, she highly doubted anyone would back her up.

But then, she had always been very fun living, and even at this point, that didn't change.

"That depends," she said finally. She had stalled longer than needed, it was time face her love.

"If I say yes, do I get the horse?" She grinned. No matter how old she was, she loved this game.

"That was the original deal." Ji Hoo deadpanned, leaning against one of the wooden partitions.

"Okay. So if I agree now, but we break up later?" That wasn't likely, but she wanted to know.

"You keep the horse, idiot." Ji Hoo caught onto what she was doing, and rolled his eyes.

"Erm, if I don't say yes then? Now, I mean." That wasn't a point, she wasn't about to reject him.

"You still keep the horse. I said you'd get a horse, so you will, irrespective of whether you agree to being my girlfriend or not." Ji Hoo smirked. If the annoyed look on her face was any indicator, he was winning the game. Not that she minded.

"Okay, you win. But I'm agreeing on three conditions, that okay?" She looked at him. If he couldn't agree to her conditions, no matter how much she loved him, she'd have to reject him.

"Depends. Name them." Ji Hoo crossed his arms. Knowing her, they would not be predictable.