The Cute Boyfriend

"Is the ghost gone yet?"

"Yep, you can look now."

Arthit peeked at the screen through the gap in his fingers. At that exact moment, the foul-looking ghost appeared on the movie screen once more, the loud sound effect contributing to the scare factor. What the fuck-! He flinched in his seat and grabbed Kongpob's arm, instinctively hiding his face against the younger male's shirt.

Yep, definitely 100% regretting choosing this movie.

Within twenty minutes into the movie, Arthit had managed to throw his cool guy image out of the non-existing windows.

"Is it really that scary?" Kongpob whispered, making sure not to disturb the other moviegoers.

Arthit replied with a non-committal sound, wishing he could block out the ominous music that was playing. A second later, he felt Kongpob's arm around his shoulder, a firm and reassuring weight that provided a sense of warmth and security. Throwing whatever pride Arthit had left (which wasn't much), he burrowed close against his boyfriend, watching the rest of the movie between the gap of his fingers.

Why in the world did I pick this movie? Why did I listen to Ai'Prem?!

Each time Arhit flinched at a a particularly scary scene, Kongpob would squeeze his shoulders and it made sitting through the movie much more bearable. An hour and forty-five minutes later, Arthit left the theatre feeling as if something had completely sucked the life and energy out of him.

"Was it really that bad?"

Now, it came naturally for Kongpob to reach for Arthit's hand whenever they walked. The senior was admittedly less shy about public displays of affection lately, even initiating it first sometimes. They walked hand-in-hand out of the mall, heading towards the bustop. 10:45pm. More than enough time before the last bus arrives.

"You weren't scared?"

Kongpob simply shrugged his shoulders, "Not really. They're fun to watch."

"Fun?" Arthit repeated in disbelief. "Is there even anything that you're afraid of?"

"Of course there is, but I'm not going to tell you. Can't let you have the upper hand."

They stopped by a roadside stall for a quick snack of skewered pork and chicken, making it to the bustop just as the last bus pulled up. It was empty save for a couple of people, the couple choosing a seat right at the back. As soon as Kongpob settled down next to him, Arthit, without a second thought, comfortably rested his head against his boyfriend's shoulder

This was their first proper weekend date in three weeks and Kongpob could tease him all he wanted later for being extra affectionate. It was becoming increasingly difficult to find free time for their ownselves now that they had their respective added responsibilities.

"P', you're really too damn cute."

Arthit felt the gentle brush of Kongpob's lips against the top of his head.

"Tell me something that I don't know."

The walk back to the dorm building from the bustop was filled with comfortable silence, both of them simply enjoying each other's presence. However, thanks to that stupid movie, Arthit couldn't help but to feel jittery about how eerily silent the surrounding was. Most of the students usually head back home on weekends, turning the usually bustling complex into a ghost town.

"I'll walk you up."

You're a grown ass man, Arthit. There's nothing to be scared of here. You've been living here for the past three years, damn it. There's no such things as ghosts.