Tonsil Stones

Tonsils protect us by keeping foreign objects out from entering our lungs. It is part of the lymphatic system, a network of tissues and organs that help rid the body of toxins, waste, and other unwanted materials. However, not brushing your mouth once a week, food bits, dead cells, and other junk in your mouth are gathered to form tonsil stones or tonsilloliths. But, according to the health-expert doctors, it is not dangerous and easily treatable.

 But, according to the health-expert doctors, it is not dangerous and easily treatable

Usually, tonsil stones are on an area of Palatine tonsils. Palatine is full of tonsillar crypts, deep folds of tissue designed to lure bacteria in and proliferate the number of tissues that those bacteria touch. Normally, many immune cells get exposed to potential pathogens and begin to create a targeted immune response with antibodies to annihilate them. But, when cozy crevices for bacteria get a little comfortable, the crypts can do something crazy. It collects dead cells, extra mucus, and food debris or other particles ended in your mouth, which provide a delicious breeding ground for multiple different microbes. After that, it will calcify or turn into a stone-like which is made up of calcium and other minerals.

However, tonsil stones are curable by simply brushing your teeth regularly or gargle with saltwater, but if symptoms persist consult an ENT doctor.