|vobi| smile - part two

//short. but who am i kidding all my chapters are short.

-

   he's standing there in front of me, a big grin painted upon his familiar face as if i was the most amusing thing he'd ever set his eyes on. he has a laugh that was as warm and as pleasing as sunshine after a rainy day. his dulcet voice brings me back to reality. he remains smiling at me over his shoulder. "hey," he speaks in his usual cheerful tone. "catch up, would you?"

he extends his arm, holding a hand out to me and i gladly take it, returning his bright simper. my fingers wrap around his and his hand is warm compared to the coldness of mine. it brings a blush across my cheeks but i do my best to dismiss it. 

"so, i was thinking - tuesdays and thursdays for studying, right?" tobi suggests, gazing ahead contentedly at the cloudy grey skies. smiling. always smiling. he glances back at me once again, raising a brow in concern. "o-oh, right. yeah. sounds good to me," i respond curtly. he chuckles, a light, somewhat relaxing kind of laugh. one that makes me think, god, i'm so in love.

but the last two years with tobi had been the best. he had flipped my entire world around and there was nothing i could do to thank him enough. 

his hand still holds mine, soothing and gentle. "you've been a bit distant lately," he remarks softly. i hum quietly, gnawing at my bottom lip. i shrug nonchalantly. "i don't know what you're on about." he pauses for a second, his footsteps halting which causes me to copy. "what?" i mutter, gazing around silently at the familiar streets of houses.

"we're already late home." i tug at the hem of my jumper. a known habit of mine. when i look back up, tobi's still smiling. his smouldering eyes observe me and i feel his hand slowly let go of mine and instead, his arm snakes around my waist and pulls me forward, closer to him. my cheeks burn at how close we are. 

"does it look like i care?" he whispers with a lopsided grin. his chocolate gaze flickers down to my lips. "u-uh," i stammer awkwardly. my heartbeat begins to speed up at the way he's looking at me. "do you want an honest answer or-"

"you're so innocent," he chuckles. "it's cute." his other hand gently holds the side of my face and by now, my cheeks are burning. "cute?" i murmur quietly.

as if there was nothing left to say, tobi closes the limited gap between us and i feel his lips press delicately against mine, hesitant at first. as i kiss back, my heart racing so loudly that you could hear it, he smiles against my lips, his hand on my face gently tilting my head and making room for more. his touch dances against my skin.

a million butterflies swarm into my stomach and we break apart unwillingly. tobi's grinning wider than ever. "what was that for?" i say, half smiling and half laughing. he simply shrugs. "do you want an honest answer, or?..."

i laugh, giving him a playful shove. "shut up." he laughs along with me, his arm lets go of my waist an he takes hold of my hand again, bringing a bigger smile to my face. we begin to walk and i feel his thumb grave my hand. "i love you, you know that?" he murmurs softly.

"do you want an honest answer, or?..." he smiles. i smile. "shut up, vik."