[vobi] beach

x

   the sea and sky bled into each other; becoming one. tobi stood with his feet in the sand. the beach was quieter during this time of day, but he couldn't understand why. evenings like that had never failed to feel like magic: sunlight made of pure gold, bathing everything in its pristine glow, a soft breeze whispering past his skin, nothing but the sounds of calm waves and seagulls in the distance... it was magical.

but vik, he was the most magical of all.

tobi watched with an unfathomable amount of admiration in his eyes as vik approached the water. and soon the ocean reached up to his neck, and vik held the most contented smile on his face with the sunset behind him and the sparkling water below him. he was art, tobi thought.

"what are you waiting for? get in!"

tobi hesitated, but eventually joined his boyfriend into the sea. the water was warmer than he expected, the force of gentle waves pushing him back a little. he kept moving forward until he reached vik, the feeling of wet sand between his toes making him feel slightly uneasy. tobi was the kind of person to admire everything from afar. it was always vik who'd persuaded him to venture out of his comfort zone.

vik's grin held laughter. "why do you look so scared?" he chuckled, voice light and easy.

tobi felt himself relax now that he was used to the feeling of being in the ocean, now that vik was right here with his carefree smiles and soft brown eyes. "stop laughing at me. what if drown?"

"don't worry," vik said, wrapping an arm around tobi's shoulders, which caused butterflies to swarm into his stomach. it was like they were trapped, and vik was the only one who could let those butterflies loose and free. "i'll save you if you drown."

tobi raised an eyebrow, his own arm winding its way around vik's waist. he found that his smile grew wider and his heart grew fuller with love for this boy. it was such an overwhelming feeling - there was no way it could be described in just words - words wouldn't be enough.

"really? we'll see," tobi replied. he pulled him closer.

slowly, so slowly, their lips began to touch. slowly, the kissed right there, washed in the light of the setting sun and drifting peacefully within the waves of the sea. everything was so slow. that was good, tobi thought. he never wanted this moment to end; he wished it would be infinite.

tobi could taste the salt on vik's lips and feel him smiling against his mouth. vik was always smiling. and whenever he smiled, tobi would smile too.

here, in the golden and empty beach, his arms wrapped around his lover and his lips pressed to his, this was where tobi truly belonged. there was no place he'd rather be but here.

x

i'm sorry if i made you throw up because of hoW GODDAMN CHEESY THAT WAS JSDKSJDK but i mean who doesn't like some vobi fluff y'know? vobi is such a soft ship

idk i know it's short but it's been a like more than a month since i've posted anything in this book and it's slowly dying again. sorry. focusing on one book alone is more work than i can handle clearly, since i'm so lazy.

anyway i've been thinking of starting a new one-shots book so that new people don't come and see my shit writing first before they get to the better ones. but, nah... idk i don't have enough one shot ideas to start a whole ass new book, so lets stick with the original. it's just easier. (i know i'm late for weightless' friday chapters YET AGAIN im really sorry my brain is just...)

oh yea do u guys like my new username and covers..? i matched my account to my soul. WATTPAD REALLY NEEDS TO UPDATE THE WAY THEY LET YOU CHANGE BOOK COVERS BECAUSE IT'S SO SHIT, THEY SHOULD LET YOU CROP THE IMAGE AND STUFF UGH ITS SO ANNOYING

also if anyone wanna pm me, hmu i'm lonely af and i got stuck in my own garage for 2 hours last night. i fail at being a human being

i hope you enjoyed reading this even though its... maybe cringe? or cute idk. it's so corny lmao. <3

x