Chapter 15

^^Luna's pyjamas^^

Luna POV

I climb through the kitchen window and out of the corner of my eye I see Lucas driving away.

I need to get changed before Steph gets back. I've probably got a while though, I saw her and Tyler in his car, I'm glad they were just kissing.

I got dressed quickly into one of my favourite pyjama sets, a white three quarter sleeve top with black sleeves and some very comfortable black and white stripy shorts, I love them. I then hurriedly jumped on my bed and grabbed the first book I found. Just as I opened it Steph walks into the room, blushing a lot.

"How was the date?" I ask, pretending to read my book.

"Amazing!" Stephanie replies in a soft and sweet voice, she's definitely happy.

"Great." I say trying to sound interested, usually I would be but my mind is still trying to process what Lucas told me.

"What did you and Lucas get up to?" She asks.

I need to be careful how I answer this. It needs to match his story, keep to the truth, just not the whole truth.

"First I'm still mad at you for ditching me." I say sourly.

She merely shrugs.

"Well it was a bit boring to be honest. We walked around, went to Starbucks and he took me home" I say simply. That's close enough to the truth so I don't feel like I just  completely lied to my best friend.

"I don't think you're telling me everything." She says suspiciously.

My body stiffens. She couldn't suspect anything could she? I've never mentioned anything relating to magic to her. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. Play it cool Luna, you got this.

"What makes you think that?" I ask, my acting skills perfect.

"Well there's obviously chemistry between you and Lucas, you can't deny it. So I thought something might happen between you two." She says thinking about her answer as she does.

I internally sigh in relief. But what is she talking about?! I don't see Lucas in that way and we don't, I repeat DON'T, have chemistry of any kind, except for the actual lesson but that's besides the point.

"You thought wrong." I say in disgust, no acting skills needed. "The only chemistry we have is with Dr. Phillips." (Our chemistry teacher).

Steph rolls her eyes at me. I swear she should have an award for how much she does that.

"Fine I won't say anymore on the matter." She says, finally dropping the subject.

Good now that that's over with I can think about what the hell I'm going to do because I DON'T HAVE FUCKING POWERS!!!

There's nothing I can do. I've told Lucas but he won't believe it until he sees it. Oh well.

At least something interesting will happen on Mondays from now on.

"By the way." I turn to look at Stephanie as she starts talking, distracting me from my thoughts "why is the book you're reading upside down?" She inquires, slightly amused.

Shit. I need to think of an answer before she suspects anything. "Um...well...you see I was looking online and it turns out that people who can read upside down have a higher IQ than others so I thought I'd try it." I say semi-confidently, hope she bought it.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate me coming up with that excuse on the spot. *self high five*

"Alright" Stephanie replies sceptically.

Luckily before I can say anything else to make me seem further suspicious she walks into the bathroom.

That was close. I need to be more careful from now on. She can't ever find out about this, no one can.