Chapter 22

Thursday (the next morning)

"Krystal" Steph calls, slamming the door behind her.

What does she want, she's ruining my beauty sleep.  I'm merely groan at her, indicating for her to shut up and let sleep consume me once again.

"Get up we have to leave in 30 minutes." She says, obviously irritated by my non verbal response.

Fuck.

"What! It's already Thursday!"

"Yes, now come on! I'm not missing the bus because of you."

Sheesh. She seems grumpier than usual, I wonder what crawled up her ass and died. Of course I'd never ask her that, my head would probably be on a stick if I did, Stephanie might seem sweet and nice but in reality she can be a monster if not treated properly. I love her for it, it's just another aspect to her personality, at least with her around things are never boring. My best friend always knows how to liven any situation, be it for better or for worse.

I can feel her glaring daggers at me even though my eyes are closed, I swear if she's mad at you you can tell from a mile away and let me give you some friendly advice, run, run to a different continent, you don't want to mess with a pissed if Stephanie, I promise.

Urgh. I slowly sit up, stretching my aching arms, carefully, not wanting to enrage her further.

~*~*~

29 minutes later

I'm sprinting down the stairs to where Steph is standing by the door, looking aggravated. Okay she's definitely in a bad mood, usually she isn't this mad at me for almost making us late. I'd ask her what's wrong but she'll most definitely start screaming at me if I do so it's best to just let the subject rest.

I am curious though. I really want to ask but I know better and value my life so I won't. I'll just guess. Maybe she had a fight with Tyler or she got a shitty grade from her English teacher or maybe it's something else. I give up, who knows with her.

"Jeez! Calm down, I made it. Stop acting like a preteen PMSing for the first time."

Yep, that's got to be it, she's PMSing.

She scoffs brushing off my words before replying bitterly "Only just. Now come on! The bus will be here any second."

Ha. She didn't deny it, I'm definitely onto something here.

~*~*~

School

"See, we made it, it's fine. We even have 10 minutes until class starts."

"Okay fine, I'll chill. But now we're here I want all the details about you and Lucas."

I freeze. Shit. I didn't really come up with what to do last night. Oh crap. Ummm... ummm...

"There's nothing to tell" okay you're doing good so far "we're dating end of story ".

"I know that but I want the details."

"Nah-uh. I'm not telling you anything." I smile, oh I love messing with her.

"Come on Krystal that's not fair!"

"Don't care you're just going to have to suck it up."

Steph starts glaring and pouting at me. Oh this is too funny.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Come on, that's the bell, we have to go."

"Whatever" she says, still pouting, and storms off. Okay maybe I pissed her off too much. Oh well, I'll work out what to tell her later.