Chapter 39

"I'm sorry miss but he's going to have to stay here for the next week."

"What?!" I exclaim, "a whole week!"

"Yes miss, you see his injuries are terrible so he needs to stay for longer than we first anticipated."

I groan in frustration. "Fine, just make sure he's okay and being treated well."

She nods her head and leaves.

If you haven't realised I was just getting mad at a nurse because she was telling me that Lucas needs to stay in the hospital for another week.

I know it's not her fault but I'm worried. Even though I think Lucas's mother is dead she might not be and I don't know a thing about his father. He could come after him, I need to get him somewhere same as soon as possible.

"Luna you're not helping anyone by worrying," Solis said from behind me.

"Yeah yeah I know, I'm just stressed. Can we do something to keep my mind off of him?"

"Of course I have the perfect place in mind."

"Where?"

"You'll see, lets go around the back of the hospital, no one can see us teleporting."

Fuck sake. I hate teleporting with a passion. It makes me very queasy and nauseous. She knows this, yet she's still making me do it. Why?!

I don't reply and begrudgingly follow her to the back of the building.

"Don't get pouty with me. I know you don't like to travel this way but how else do you suppose we get to the magical realm?"

My eyes widen in fear. I can't go back there. What if we're attacked again?

As if reading my thoughts she says "don't worry I'm taking us somewhere safe. They won't be able to get to us."

I gulp but nod my head as I grab onto her hands.

~*~*~

I finally open my eyes after Solis yelling at me for two minutes to do so. I'm sorry if it was the only way to stop me from throwing up, jeez. Once I open them, however, she's nowhere to be seen.

I'm in someone's living room, strange why would she bring me to someone's house.

"Luna?" I hear a woman gasp from somewhere behind me.

"Row what's wrong?" I hear a mans voice call from slightly further away.

"Arthur it's Luna," the woman, Row, says her voice barely above a whisper.

Hold on a second Row as in Rowena and Arthur? Holy shit it can't be.

As I turn around I see a man and a woman in their late forties, who look strikingly similar to two people from my past, with shocked expressions on their faces.

I visibly gulp. Is it? It couldn't be. I'm going to kill Solis later.

"Mum? Dad?"

Before either of them could respond I felt my knees start to go weak and the room was starting to darken.

I fainted.

~*~*~

I hear murmurs around me but I can't make out what's being said. My eyelids feel droopy but I force them open regardless. I'm met by blinding lights so to spare my vision I squint before opening them fully.

As I start to sit up I, my vision adjusting, I see two figures come over to me hastily.

"Luna dear are you alright?" The woman in front of me asks, her voice laced with concern.