Chapter 16

I literally slept all of Sunday, don't judge me, I was tired, a lot happened this weekend.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I wake up to my blaring alarm. It's Monday. Urgh. I've always had the same reaction to this day, some things never change.

The day goes by as normal, boring lessons and me cursing under my breath at any given opportunity.

I'm only reminded that today isn't going to be completely boring by Lucas coming up to me at lunch and reminding me to meet him at his apartment after school.

I actually forgot about our training session thanks to my boredom, who would have thought.

Shit. Now I have to come up with some excuse to tell Steph as to why I'm not coming back with her.

~*~*~

At the end of the day I text her that I'm running some errands so I'll be back late. I hope that's detailed enough while still not being to specific. Technically what I've told her is true as training is a kind of chore.

At 4:30 I knock on Lucas's door and he lets me in. We have a little chat as I enter and put my coat away.

"What are you wearing?" Lucas asks with an appalled expression in his features.

"My uniform, I did come here straight after school." I reply confused.

"We are going to be training. I thought it would be obvious that you would need gym clothes." He says a little annoyed.

"Sorry I didn't realise. Next time I'll wear gym clothes, happy?" I ask, annoyance apparent in my voice, too.

"Fine" he replies begrudgingly. "I was going to start simple today so it shouldn't mess up my plans too much." he says more to himself than to me.

"Let's start simple, breathing exercises."

I raise my brow at him. Those are for training little children, he can't be serious.

"I'm not a child." I say slightly offended.

"I know that but you don't have powers so we need to start with the basics if we have any chance to revive them." He replies as though this was obvious.

I give him a death glare but hold my tongue.

All the exercises we do are ones that my parents tried with me when I was five so it was no fun at not much of a challenge.

We didn't even start to look at using my powers, just how to focus and calm myself.

"This was absolutely pointless." I tell him honestly when I'm about to leave, it's 7 now.

"It wasn't, trust me on this. I haven't got time to tell you more, Tyler will be back soon. Don't forget same time on Wednesday." He tells me.

"Fine. Whatever." I say as I start to leave.

I thought I might actually have fun in these lessons but I guess I was wrong. Monday was just as boring as ever, perhaps even more so.

I take the bus back to the foster home. When I arrive Steph looks at me with slight worry in her expression but she seems mostly annoyed.

"Where have you been?! It doesn't take you 3 hours to run errands." She snaps.

"Sorry mum." I reply sarcastically.

She rolls her eyes at me.

I need to come up with an excuse quick. She'll know something's up if I don't tell her something.

Ummm. Ummm. What can I say. Shit. Oh I know. I can't believe I'm going to say this...

"Okay, the truth is I've been out with my boyfriend."