Chapter 35

"I love you"

I finally said it. Those three words were anything but empty. I meant them, I truly did.

I guess the thought has been playing in the back of my mind for a while but I've been pushing it away. I wasn't ready to deal with it and now that I am it's too late. I was a coward and now he'll never know how I really felt before we even found out that we were dimidums.

The age old saying is true, you never realise how much you love someone until it's too late.

With Lucas being gone there's a void in my heart, a hole that can never be fixed. Now that's he's not here I feel empty, like a part of me had been ripped away.

He made me happy when I was sad; brightened my darkest hours; always made me laugh; got me to exercise (honestly I don't know how he managed that); got me flustered and confused constantly; he was always on my mind and no matter how upset I was I could never stay mad at him. I wanted to be around him more and always be by his side; I wanted to make him happy and it always broke me a little inside when I saw him even the slightest bit upset. Whenever he was around I always felt at ease and he presence sent butterflies to my stomach.

If that isn't love I don't know what is. I'm sure of it, I love Lucas but it's too late, he's gone. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to live with the fact that I never told him, it will forever be one of my biggest regrets.

~*~*~

I've no idea how long I laid there for, contemplating my life choices and crying my eyes out. I cried until I had no tears left and even then I still remained in my position. It wasn't until I heard faint footsteps that I was awoken from my trance.

I was momentarily scared that it was the hag but these steps didn't match hers, these were softer and more gentle.

Speaking of which, I wonder why no one has woken up yet. Maybe they were injured much worse than I expected, oh well, I don't care if they die, Lucas is dead because of them and I'll never forgive them for that. If that red head isn't dead I will hunt her until my last dying breath as well as Lucas's mother.

I won't go after either of them straight away though. I'll bide my time and execute the perfect plan. They say revenge is a dish best served cold so I shall make them wish that they were dead. Their deaths will not be quick I can tell you that much.  By the end they'll be begging me to end their pathetic lives. No one fucks up my life and gets away with it.

Okay, let us move away from my psychotic thoughts.

The footsteps get louder but they're still rather graceful. I hear someone come up from behind me but I don't try and run. If they even try to fucking attack me I'll go ape shit on them.

I hear a small gasp and that peaks my interest, why isn't this person trying to kill me?

I lift my head and turn around, still firmly holding Lucas's hands, to meet Stephanie's sapphire blue gaze. Her eyes look like they're filled with so much concern and when she notices me look at her she immediately hugs me from behind.

When she lets go her face turns serious, it's at this point I notice how disheveled she looks. Her clothes are torn in many places, she's covered in countless cuts and bruises and she's sporting a black eye.

"Luna give me your hand," she demands.

No explanation, just 'Luna give me your hand'? Who does she think she is? I can feel the anger seeping out of me and I can practically feel steam coming out from my ears. I don't want to see anyone right now, especially her, she lied to me for fucks sake and now she's acting like nothing happened. "Fuck of Stephanie, if that's who you really are. I don't want to be around anyone right now, least of all you."