Chapter 8

Day two in Norton city, Ria was walking past a middle school playground and roaming around the suburban areas. The area was much quieter compared to the busy city. She came past an internet cafe where she decided to charge her phone and use the internet to find out what was going on in Owert. Ria searched and read through an online newspaper and found out that Georgina was arrested and the foster kids were taken away by the state. She hoped Matt, Hailee and Cat were in a much better place now. To her surprise, she also found out that Fred was still alive. She discovered that police found him half dead in his room and Cat explained that they did it out of self defense. Ria wanted him to serve a life sentence in prison after a trial. Further in the report, she read that the state and the police were also searching for her in Owert city, as she could also be a witness to testify against Fred as well.

••••

While Ria was walking along the sidewalk, a scrawny, pale guy watched her from the side of the old building. He saw Ria pulling out some ten dollar bills from her pocket, to put in her bag and watched as she swung the bag handle from one arm. He thought it was a perfect opportunity to make a grab and run.

Ria wiped a sweat off her forehead as she walked on, in the burning hot sun. She was suddenly startled by the guy who grabbed her bag from behind, pulling it right off of her arm and running away with it!
"H-hey! My bag!" she cried when she saw the man run ahead of her with everything she owned. "My bag! Stop! Get back here!"

••••

"So, who got the swan part? Was it Lily or Raela?" Mr. Harber asked his nine year old daughter as he drove her back from her ballet class that day.

"Dad, it's Roella," his daughter corrected from the back seat. "And Lily didn't get the part, she just wanted it because Greta got a part as Bella in Bella and Grim and Jill got the Queen fairy role in the Thistle hills story, so she also wanted to have the lead role in the swan lake coz she's always trying to be the top dancer in the group, but Jill didn't like how bossy she was so she left on her own to make another friendship group with Melody and Allie. But then Jill got angry when Melody invited Roella into their group without her permission..." Mr. Harber just listened on even if he had no idea, what the hell his daughter was talking about.

Mr. Harber was taking a shortcut down another street, trying to make it home in time to drop off Sophie and head back to the firm. He had a car in front of him, a blue sedan, driving at a rate of 50 km/hr. They went down a short hill and from afar, he spotted a man carrying a heavy bag while sprinting across the road. The blue sedan in front of them sped right down and suddenly out of the corner, a girl was running after the man with the bag.

"My bag!" Mr. Harber heard her shout out. She ran right across and hit by the blue sedan on the spot. Mr. Harber abruptly stopped his car, along with her daughter's chatter. He quickly unbuckled and got out when he saw the sedan driver get out of his car to look on the road. Mr. Harber rushed to the scene and found the girl lying on the road, half conscious.

"I didn't mean to do it man, I swear!" the sedan driver cried, "She just came out of nowhere!" Mr. Harber knelt over the girl to feel her pulse. She had bruised her face, arms and ankle.

"My bag..." he heard her whisper faintly, before going into a black out. Mr. Harber recognized her face from the coffee shop. She was same girl in the same clothes, who had returned him his pocket watch!

"We have to get her to the hospital, now!" he said aloud.

#F1J1 #679
Dear reader 😊 ,

I hope you liked this chapter. Please vote on it if you do and leave any comments & tell me what you think!.......thank you!  😉