Chapter 37

Ria woke up the next morning and got herself ready for school. She quickly raced out without time for breakfast, to meet Korene who was waiting with her parked Suzuki on the driveway.

"Come on, we have to set up the flyers before school starts," Korene shouted as Ria was making her way from the front door.

"And a very good morning to you too!" Ria reminded.

"Oh I'm sorry," Korene laughed, "Sleep well last night darling?" She said in a funny British accent.

"Whatever. Let's go," Ria chuckled before they got into the car and rode off to school at 6.30 in the morning.

"I thought you were gonna complain about my cheap ride," Korene added.

"Atleast I don't have to take the bus or one of those expensive ubers," Ria smiled.

"I am so glad you're so cheap-I mean that in a good way. If my snobby sister were in labor and this was the only option to take to the hospital, she said she'd rather wait for an ambulance or give birth in her bedroom," Korene shook her head.

Hayne got up at seven and got dressed after his shower. Then he left his bedroom to go down to the kitchen, expecting to see Ria in there. To his disappointment, he only found Sophie and Sheela there and found out that Ria had already left with Korene early that morning.

"Don't worry you can see her at school, right?" Sophie spoke before biting into her toast.

"Why would I be worried?" Hayne replied with a frown.

"Coz you looked so worried before," his sister shrugged.

"Yes, come have some breakfast," Sheela offered him a plate.

"Ah.... It's alright, I think I'll just head on to school now," he replied before walking out the backdoor.

"Tell me. What is the purpose of making breakfast if people don't eat it!" Sheela complained to Sophie.

"I eat it!" Sophie smiled a wide smile.

•••••

"Madame?" the maid spoke as she brought in her tea that morning. Madame Sebana was staring out the window of the dinning room, seeing the morning dew on the leaves of the plants in the garden. She nodded at the maid, allowing her to pour her some tea. After the maid did, the old woman took the cup with both hands to take a slow sip. She took in a deep breath before finally allowing her thoughts to go back to the moment before her husband had gone into that long coma.

She had approached him in his room after being summoned by one of his maids.

"So.....how did they take it?" he asked her.

"They are quite outraged Jakob," she answered, "The will didn't turn out the way they expected. And Devlin had to arrange that press conference to announce it in front of the entire public." She did not like to see her children so hurt, but she knew she also had to be supportive of her husband. "Why Jakob? Why have you made this decision?"

"....My dream," he answered in a coarse voice before turning for a cough.

"Your dream?" Madame Sebana was confused, but then realized what he was talking about, "Your dream about Leyah, saying that Garron was alive?"

"Yes..." he coughed out.

"But Jakob, they've both been dead for.....14 years," she said sadly. "And little-"

"Leyah said he was still alive. She told me to give back everything we took.... he's still alive..." the sick old man muttered before his monitor began to make a beeping sound and he was coughing out too hard now. His wife took him by the shoulders with a worried look on her face. The doctor rushed in to take control. The private nurse came up to assist him and escort Madame Sebana out of the room.