Chapter 29

After the last period, the big school bell sounded from the school's bell tower and every student walked out of the school to their awaiting private vehicles and short limos with their various drivers. Ria was with Korene and Sky at the driveway while Sky was about to head into her private vehicle as the driver opened the door for her.

"...I'm thinking of applying to Bronston, but my Ma wants me to go to a college much closer to home," Korene rolled her eyes.

"I've already figured out where I wanted to go," Ria stated, "Ever since last year, planning for a college was all I could ever think about and now I can't believe it's here and I'm applying to places already!"

"Time goes by really fast,"

"So fast," Ria nodded at Korene. Then at that moment, the three girls were approached by Hayne. Ria's hope of ignoring him just couldn't be granted and she tried avoid him. Korene folded her arms after her facial expression changed to a certain bitchy look.

"So I was told to pick you up from the firm tonight?" Hayne told Ria. She gave him her confused expression and then remembered that Mrs. Harber must have gone ahead to asking him the favor.

"Can you?" Ria asked nervously. "I-I mean you don't have to if you're too busy-"

"Actually I am," Hayne said with disappointment. "But mom told me to ditch anything I had and pick you up like some preschooler."

"Preschooler? Who throws piñata parties in high school? Hah!" Korene spoke angrily while Sky raised an eyebrow at him. Hayne gave a sarcastic smile before turning back to Ria.

"Piñata parties? Who does that!" Sky said with a denying face. "I certainly don't ask for a huge pink pony pinata with the long candy floss mane and tail and stuffed in cakes and candies for my next birthday."

"Look, I have somewhere to get to right now," Hayne said to Ria, "Instead of wasting my breath talking to your two friends who happen to be contrastingly different by nature, I mean, your geeky mate and the clueless blonde-"

"How dare you say I'm clueless!" Sky spoke being offended, "I can solve clues to a whole mystery box puzzle too, mister!"

"Yea...." Hayne gave her a confused look before continuing. "Are you gonna give me a call when you're done or not?"

"After I'm done at the firm?" Ria repeated, "Uh, yea okay. I'll...I'll do that." After those words, Hayne turned back to walk to his car.

"Were you just stuttering in front of him?" Korene asked Ria.

"Was it that obvious?" Sky added.

"I'm talking bout Ria,"

"What? No, I was just......You know what, let's just go," Ria replied heading down to Korene's car. Sky waved goodbye to them before getting into her vehicle. While Korene had her suspicions, she didn't want to talk about it to Ria, so she drove her into the city where she dropped her off outside the building.

"Have fun at your grandma's," Ria wished her after she got out.

"Always!" Korene smiled, then she started her car again and drove down the busy road. Ria turned and walked into the building. She passed the hall and approached her current fear, the elevators. Ever since she came there with Mr. Harber, the elevators were the worst part of coming to the law firm, so she tried to come quite seldom to see Lynn. Sometimes she would just request Lynn to meet her at the nearby coffee place to discuss the files.

Pushing aside thoughts of the chances of getting stuck in there under any circumstance, the doors opened and the woman beside her stepped in with her son. They were standing inside the elevator when Ria noticed the puzzled look in their face.