Chapter 45

Alesia hung up her call with Hayne. She was at her grandparents manor, chilling on the first floor library with her cousins Evan and Stella. As Evan sat on the long lounge he looked up from his laptop to see his cousin with a worried expression on her face. He raised a questioning eyebrow at her when she met his gaze.

"What do you think he's doing in Santa Fey?" she finally asked.

"Well, I don't know......getting a tan?" Evan joked, before going back to his laptop computer. Stella rolled her eyes, she knew her cousin was quite bad at dropping a joke or throwing a punchline.

"Maybe he's there for some rugby tournament?" she stated.

"Last time I heard that, he was out there having beach parties with a bunch of gold digging bimbos," Alesia rolled her eyes. She rested her elbow over the chair arm and twirled her long dark hair.

"What if he is? Right at this moment? Obviously no girl can resist him," Stella stated.

"Hhm, that's true. But in the end I'm always the main course and those side dishes are no more than garbage to him," Alesia smirked.

"What about leftovers?" Evan joked again. Alesia gave him a frown, not being amused as she leaned back.

"Hayne will be Hayne, and I won't push him to be someone I want him to be," she replied, "I trust him."

"So you learnt your lesson?" Evan smirked referring back to their bad breakup.

"I've learnt that you can do a lot of things for the one you love," she replied, "And Hayne is all I want. Anyone would be a fool to come between us. Hayne'll eventually grow out of his playboy ways once we get into NU together, he goes off to be an engineer and I start a successful fashion line and three years after graduation we'll get married at that lovely white church on the edge of the cliff at Crown Point."

"Wow. So you got it all planned out. You know, I don't know why you still have this obsess..." His voice cut off when he saw his cousin give him a death glare. The last time someone called her crush over Hayne an obsession in public humiliation, Alesia had the girl cyberbullied till she had enough and ended up deactivating her social media accounts and apologised back to Alesia. "What I was gonna say was.... you don't have to keep tabs on him everyday. You gonna end up being a control freak..... like Madame Avita." Alesia just rolled her eyes at him before going back to her phone.

"I am not a control freak. Don't compare me to that old hag," she snapped at him.

"Oh my god....." Stella said it like she was looking at something disgusting on her phone. "I may not know what he's doing, but you will not believe, who he's with..." Alesia looked up at her at that instant, wondering what she meant. Stella came up to Alesia to show her a picture. It came from one of her friends who lived to Santa Fey, she also sent a message saying, 'hey Stell, isn't dis the hot guy datin' ur cousin?'

Alesia looked at the picture closely, it was a shot taken at a distant but she could clearly tell who were in it. Evan saw the look of surprise on her face as she took Stella's phone, hoping her eyes weren't deceiving her. Evan stood up from his seat to take a look at the picture as well, they saw Hayne walking on the sidewalk and right by his side was Ria.

Alesia narrowed her eyes, she wondered what that new girl was doing with Hayne all the way in Santa Fey? Evan was more than surprised himself, that he began to give a chuckle.

"Well, looks like 'trash girl' stepped up her game," he began. "I'm impressed."

"You're impressed by a Cinderella wannabe who's working her way into school popularity by throwing herself at the hottest hunk? Hahh..." Alesia ridiculed while she folded her arms.