Chapter 47

Ria was getting ready to go to the party and as she was looking at herself in the mirror, she began to rethink her fitting short skirt and thin-strap top under the pullover. She certainly was not going to bring her swimsuit along to this pool party. She then thought that she could just choose to ditch this party all together and go back to chilling in her room.

"It's just a party, Ria," she told herself, "You've been to dozens before, what's the worst that could happen?..... Oh wait. This is not your typical kind of backyard barbecue and cheap beers party, it's gonna be an elite social gathering of snazzy people, that's way outta your league Ria."

Then, there was a knock at the door. It was Mrs. Harber. She walked in with a laundry basket to place Ria's folded clothes on her bed.

"Well, you look like you're heading out?" she said.

"Yea. Is this..... party worthy?" Ria asked referring to her outfit.

"Hhm....depends what kind of party it is,"

"......I think it's okay," Ria nodded with squinted eyes.

"If you need a ride back home, Hayne can come pick you up afterwards-"

"No! I mean......it's alright, I've already asked Danny to bring me back home at nine,"

"Nine?" Mrs. Harber raised an eyebrow at her, "........okay Ria, no offense but you kinda sound like a pastor's daughter. As much as I'd like that, you sound like you don't feel like going to this party?"

"Is it obvious?" Ria said to herself before looking up, "It's a party Alesia invited me to and insisted that I do not miss it."

"Well that's nice of her," Mrs. Harber replied, "I always thought she was a bit..... contemptuous. Her grandparents though were quite down to earth people."

"You know them too?" Ria asked, "Wait, of course. They're like really famous aren't they?"

"They were a close family friend of ours. My father knew Alesia's grandfather pretty well,"

"Oh," Ria nodded.

"I kinda worried about Hayne while he was dating her, to be honest. But it's good that she's invited you to that."

"I'm surprised she invited me in the first place,"

Mrs. Harber began to make her way back to the door with her laundry basket, "Do you need anything else from me?"

"No I'm fine thanks,"

"Have fun," she said before closing the door.

"Thanks," Ria chuckled nervously, "I'll try."

•••

Danny drove to the destination as the GPS said, bringing them outside a big iron gate.

"You sure about this place Ms. Ria?" he spoke in his Australian accent.

"Uh....yea, this is the place," she answered nervously. Danny pressed the buzzer on the brick wall and introduced themselves to whoever was on the other side. The gate was opened and they drove in, they went through a long driveway before reaching a mansion at the end of the roundabout with a fountain. Danny dropped her off and Ria walked up to the front doors of the mansion. A maid opened the door for her when she rang the doorbell. The maid took her pullover for her to put away and then led her down the hall and out to the backyard. At the grand patio a group of girls were enjoying a party of their own by the pool. Girls she didn't think she recognized.

"Oh you made it," Bianca who was in a strawberry pink bikini, came up from behind her with a small glass of colorless liquid. Her eyes looked at Ria from top to bottom. "Did you not get the memo? It's a pool party?"