Welcome To Tinder

There's nothing enjoyable about being the only single person of an entire friend group.

Hayley could vouch for that.

Her friends could only drag her miserable, single, heartbroken ass around for so long until enough was enough. It was exhausting. Her two friends came to an agreement on what would lift her spirits.

She needed to get laid.

They told Hayley their plan and forced her to join them at the nearby club they visited from time to time. She didn't completely approve. She didn't approve at all, really. But she understood that she needed to find a guy that would dick her down before she got even gloomier. They didn't want to spend another second of their summer with such a miserable human.

Hayley and the two friends that had dragged her out of the apartment sat in a booth in the corner of the club that they were no strangers to. The two other girls would point to any male that appeared even somewhat attractive. Hayley would make up any excuse that crossed her mind.

"Not my type." "Too tall." "He looks old." "He looks creepy." "He's wearing a wedding ring."

Maybe the final one wasn't entirely an excuse, but it definitely supported her case.

But the list of excuses goes on.

Eventually, one of her friends, Ashley, just snapped.

"Hayley, it's time to get over Josh. It's been months. He was an asshole anyway, you know it's true. There are so many things wrong with that guy, you should be glad you got away."

Ah, of course. Ashley couldn't help but reference the man that they all knew better than to mention.

Just when Hayley had been almost completely over him and ready to move on, she had discovered that he had gotten into a serious relationship with another girl just a week after the two of them had ended their relationship and they were still going strong by the time Hayley had found out. Following the three months Hayley had spent finally getting over the guy, she was pushed right back to where she had started.

"I wanna go home," Hayley mumbled, the crappy booming EDM music that played throughout the club making her words inaudible to her friends.

"What?" Her friend Lynn asked, cupping her ear in an attempt to actually hear her friend.

"I wanna go home," Hayley yelled in her friend's ear.

"No, you're not going home 'till we find you someone to hook up with," Lynn demanded. Hayley rolled her eyes. Unfortunately, Hayley had already turned down every semi-attractive male in the club. Thinking that maybe this was a sign that she was looking for something else, Lynn pointed out a female. Not her thing, they discovered.

Ashley looked around the area, spotting someone on their phone. She watched them click an app, seeing an red logo appear on the screen. This gave her an idea.

"Give me your phone," she demanded. Hayley looked at her confused and quickly shook her head.

"Just give it."

A sigh exited the orange-haired female's mouth as she hesitantly handed her device to her friend.

Ashley snatched the phone away and immediately went to work. She downloaded the application and watched the circle slowly spin on the icon. The darkness that covered the app disappeared, indicating that it was time for Hayley to get some action.

She entered all the information that was needed, along with a few photos of Hayley that she had found in the girl's camera roll.

"How would you describe yourself if you were, hypothetically, on a dating website?" She asked Hayley, who furrowed her brows.

"Why?" She asked. Clearly, she was not catching on.

"Would 'Single and ready to mingle' be too cliche?" Ashley asked. She took Hayley's silence and wide eyes as a "no, that's perfect."

She returned the phone to Hayley, who discovered there to be a photo on the screen along with a short biography of whoever it was she was looking at.

"What is this?" Hayley asked, looking at the shirtless man on the screen, an expression of disgust upon the girl's features.

"Welcome to Tinder."