About Time

Hayley and Taylor did not discuss their previous conversation, instead allowing the tension between them to last. Hayley feared that Taylor would be ashamed of being with her, while Taylor was too stubborn to bring up the issue.

Hayley was doing her best to forget about their conversation and the fact that he had rejected her. Unfortunately, forgetting these things proved to be a difficult task because not only did she see Taylor twice a week in his class, but she also saw one of his female students flirting with him at the end of every class. So much for disliking flirtatious students, huh?

Hayley would give the girl a look of disapproval whenever they made eye contact, and the same went for how Hayley was towards Taylor. She wouldn't have to speak a word, just give him a look that told him that he had fucked up.

Once Hayley saw this girl — who was wearing clothing that was not appropriate, considering where they were and the low temperature of the October day — she decided that enough was enough.

As soon as class was over, Hayley took her time in packing up her belongings. At Taylor's desk stood the student that Hayley had grown to despise.

"Excuse me, sir?" The girl asked.

Taylor looked up at the female, doing his best to keep his eyes on hers, not on her body. It was hard to refrain, considering how revealing her clothing was.

"Yes, Sarah?" Taylor responded.

"I was wondering if you could help me with something? I've started the midterm essay, but I would appreciate some assistance on it."

Taylor sighed. "There's only so much I can do to help you. I'd love to help, I would. But this is a graded assignment. You've done well this semester, keep it up and I'm sure you'll be fine."

"I just have some questions pertaining to grammar and whatnot. Please?"

"Fine. See me in my office today, I'll be in there around 6 o'clock. I don't want to see you in there a minute later or I'll fail you, don't waste my time."

The student's eyes went wide and she stuttered until Taylor let out a laugh and said, "I'm kidding. But I won't be there all day, so don't come too late if you want my help. I'll see you later."

Once she exited the room, Hayley approached Taylor.

"Oh. Hey," Taylor mumbled when he noticed her presence. "Why are you still in here?"

"Are you fucking her?" Hayley asked, completely ignoring the question that she was asked.

"What? Hayley, you can't just say stuff like that here," he whispered, even though nobody else was there to witness their conversation.

"So it's true?"

"No. Look, I know things have been weird since that night — can't say I really know why — but nothing is going on between her and me."

"Things have been weird because you don't want to be with me. You're ashamed of yourself," Hayley replied.

"I need to protect my job," he explained.

"You said you don't like students flirting with you," Hayley spoke. Taylor furrowed his brow.

"If you care so much, why have you flirted with me? I don't know what you're getting at here."

"No, I'm talking about her. The girl that was just in here."

"You need to be more specific. Plenty of girls were just in here."

"Smartass," Hayley mumbled too quietly to be heard.

"The girl that just asked you for help on her midterm. The girl that's practically begging to be fucked by you based on how she's dressed and how she acts around you."

"Sarah?" Taylor asked. Hayley nodded in response.

"I'm sorry that you don't understand that not everyone wants to fuck. Some people have other interests besides sex," Taylor retorted.

"You know what? I'll see you soon, York," Hayley said before leaving the room.

"That was weird," Taylor mumbled to himself once the girl left.

Later on, Taylor sat in his cramped office with his elbows rested upon his desk.

He smiled when he heard a knock on the door. He shouted, "Come in." Sarah entered the room with a smile.

She took a seat at the chair that was placed across from Taylor's.

While his student was explaining some issues she had experienced during the writing process, another knock met the door.

"One second," Taylor said as he pushed himself out of his chair and walked to the door. He pulled it open and nearly gasped when he saw Hayley standing there with a smile.

"Nice to see you," he lied. She joined him and her fellow classmate in the small office, taking a seat in the other chair placed across from the professor's.

She didn't say much. For the most part, she wrote things down and watched Sarah very closely. Both Sarah and Taylor were uncomfortable due to Hayley's presence.

When the uncomfortability became overwhelming, Sarah finally said, "I need to get home. Thank you for the help, sir."

"My pleasure," Taylor said with a smile. As soon as she exited the room and the door was shut, Taylor finally said, "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Thank you for the help, sir," Hayley mocked her classmate with a roll of her eyes. She stood up.

"She's ridiculous. Trying to get into your pants," she chuckled, "I think it's funny how you can't tell that she's flirting with you. That girl wants to get fucked."

"This is why we can't date. I obviously can't be in the presence of another girl or else you'll get jealous. She's a student."

"I'm your student, too, you know. Besides, what I don't want is for you to be around someone who is blatantly flirting with you. Because I like you. I hate saying it, but I like you, Taylor. I wish I didn't," she choked out.

Taylor could see the sincerity and pain in Hayley's eyes. After a few seconds of silence, he took a step closer to her, brought his hands to her cheeks, and pressed a kiss to her lips.

After a few seconds, Hayley broke the kiss. Taylor bit his bottom lip for a few seconds.

"Be my girlfriend?" Taylor suddenly asked. Hayley paused, eyes wide. That question came as quite a shock.

"Are you serious? Or are you just fucking with me?" She asked, considering that Taylor had changed his mind so suddenly.

"I'm serious," Taylor assured her. Even though this was what Hayley had wanted all along, she needed a moment to consider her options. It didn't take long to decide.

"Fine. Yes, I'll be your girlfriend," she said with a small smile that she failed in fighting back. Taylor grinned.

"Come home with me," Taylor requested.

Hayley nodded.

"Go outside, wait for me in the parking lot. I'll be out in a minute," Taylor spoke softly before pressing another kiss to Hayley's lips. They both smiled.

About time.