Try Me

"Hayley, right?" Taylor asked in confirmation as soon as he saw the female.

"That's me," Hayley said with a smile. She extended her arm forward. The male firmly shook her hand.

"You look just like you did in your photos. Just as beautiful," Taylor said. Not so smooth. When he received an odd look, he went on to add, "You'd be surprised with how many people lie about their photos on Tinder. Not that looks mean everything, it's just not a great sign when people lie about something like that so early on. Sorry, I'm rambling."

Hayley found the way he rambled to be cute. She couldn't relate to the issue of catfishing that he had faced considering Taylor was her first Tinder date.

"So, what will we be doing?" Hayley asked him once they made their way out of her apartment building.

"I was thinking that we could go somewhere for dinner first. Nothing too fancy. I'm not a fan of fancy restaurants anyway. Not my thing. Anything specific you're particularly in the mood for?"

Hayley paused briefly, considering what seemed good to her at the moment.

Her body was telling her exactly what it needed and she wasn't arguing.

Before she had a moment to think if there was anything else she'd prefer, she blurted out, "Pizza."

"Pizza? Well, alright. There's an excellent pizza place not too far from here."

The two walked to the pizzeria, not speaking much throughout. It was awkward, yes, but that was what Hayley expected from it.

Once they were situated in the pizzeria, their requests ordered, they sat down across from one another.

"Anything else you want to do? I have something else in mind for after."

"I kind of want ice cream, but that depends on how I'm feeling after eating the pizza," Hayley said with a smile. She always wanted ice cream.

"I think I can arrange that. I was thinking we can take a walk around a park nearby. It's not the most romantic thing in the world but it's pretty nice at night. Only if you're up for it, I mean."

"I would love that."

The dinner portion of the date went well, even though the conversations between the two of them were rather awkward for the most part.

After they had gotten ice cream, they took a walk to the nearby park. The conversation was starting to pick up yet again.

"How long have you lived here?" Taylor asked, referring to the area of Franklin, Tennessee.

"I actually used to live in Mississippi. My voice doesn't show it, but I only moved to Tennessee when I was twelve or so. I used to have an accent. It was bad. I lived in Nashville for some time and then moved to Franklin," she explained.

"Lived in Nashville, huh? That's where I'm living right now. It's where I've always lived, actually. I can't really imagine living anywhere else. Sure, living in the south has its downsides, but it's where I've grown up, where I feel comfortable. I've learned to tune out the bigotry surrounding me."

Hayley just nodded in agreement. She couldn't count on one hand the amount of times she had seen Confederate Flags waving proudly in just a matter of two months.

She noticed a swing set in the distance. Without a word, she grabbed the hand of Taylor's that was not holding an ice cream cone with her free hand, dragging him towards the swingset area.

Once they actually reached it, Hayley felt really awkward about holding the man's hand. She didn't know this guy. He could be a murderer, for all she knew. She quickly released his hand.

Hayley finished off the small portion of her ice cream cone that remained and took a seat on one of the swings. She kicked her legs a bit, soon saying to Taylor, "Push me."

He sighed, finished off his own cone, and took a seat in the adjacent swing in protest. Hayley pouted.

Taylor looked at the distance between the two of them and noticed how Hayley's hand dangled in the air, close to the ground. So lonely. He raised his gaze to focus his hazel eyes on Hayley's beautiful features.

"Can I...kiss you?" He hesitantly asked. The second he spoke, he was ready to take it back. He was all for consent, but he felt that asking was just as awkward as going in for a kiss and being rejected.

But Hayley wasn't too frightened by him asking for consent. She was one step closer to her goal of the night.

"I'm not sure you're capable of handling even that, Taylor."

They both turned their heads, eyes meeting. A smirk appeared on Taylor's lips.

"You don't think so? Don't think I can handle you? Is that so?" He asked. The curly-haired individual stood from the creaking swing and stepped over to stand directly in front of the female, leaning down for his lips to be level with hers.

"I think it's the other way around, sweetheart. I appreciate you watching out for me in that sense, but I'm warning you now: I'll exhaust you."

Hayley was glad to know that they were both on the same page. Yes, sex.

"Try me," she finally whispered.

That was exactly what he was planning on doing. He took her hand and began the walk to Hayley's apartment, being as her home was much closer in comparison to his home. And because his car was still there.

Hopefully they wouldn't disturb Hayley's roommates too much.

They were both eager once they reached her apartment. Hayley fumbled with her keys a bit, taking much longer than usual in unlocking the front door. Both of her roommates decided to be extra friendly, which didn't help too much when neither Hayley nor Taylor were looking for any conversation, especially not that crappy small talk.

Once they were in Hayley's bedroom, door closed and locked behind them, their lips finally met. Everything about it felt right. As if he knew her body like the back of his hand, Taylor was able to remove her clothing piece by piece with ease. She was left in just her undergarments, goosebumps rising upon her pale skin due to the cool air hitting her and the arousal her body was experiencing.

"Christ, Hayley. You're fucking beautiful."