Komachi Onozuka

Requested by SpeedyGonzalesOC

1. She's easily one of the most laid-back and friendly characters in the series. But in her Scarlet Weather Rhapsody scenario, when Tenshi killed ghosts to alter the weather and defeated her fellow shinigami to feign immortality, Komachi put aside her role as a ferryman and gave the Celestial a good old-fashioned attitude adjustment.

2. According to PMiSS, not paying Komachi right away will cause her to dump you into the Sanzu. In other words, she'll let you get horribly maimed by various sea life and deny you your afterlife for not paying immediately. Some fans interpret this as just a threat and not something she'll actually do, though.

3. Komachi is basically a greedy slacker with a possible drinking problem who loves having one-sided conversations with the souls she's ferrying. She's also the best shinigami there is.

4. One Fanon interpretation is that the Yamas put up with her constant slacking and irreverent attitude because when she bothers to do her job, she's hypercompetent to the point that any amount of trouble with her work ethic is worth keeping her around. Scarlet Weather Rhapsody pretty much confirmed this.

5. Her catchphrase is "Kyan!", which she usually says when Eiki whacks her on the head.

6. Komachi is an obvious reference to Elly: both wield scythes, are terrible at their jobs, and come up with lame excuses.

7. Like Cirno, Komachi uses "Atai." However, unlike with Cirno, this generally goes unmentioned by the fandom.

8. Komachi's victory line against Patchouli mentions a book that kills the person whose name was written in it. It is also explicitly mentioned she can see lifespans.

9. Her power is "manipulation of distance", which she uses during her job to change the width of the Sanzu river according to the deceased's life, as well as in the fighting games, to trap the opponents on one spot so she can scythe and coin them to death.

10. It's unique in that Komachi's scythe somewhat resembles a ghost's tail.

11. It's worth noting, though, that shinigami carry scythes not for use as weapons (though she uses it as such in the fighting games,) but to make it easier for recently deceased souls to understand that they are dead.