ACT 0 | ORPHIC

❛We are not makers of history. We are made by history.❜

~ Martin Luther King Jr.

A note on this book:

It is the story of what happens when you make the ten most powerful people in heaven play a game of musical chairs with one seat.

Unto death.

This is the story of a Queen.

This is a story of a Queen with eyes of fire and a heart of gold. Yet she cursed everything she touched, losing it all. She lost every last semblance of hope or happiness. All that remained to her were her broken talons and spilled poetry.

This is the story of a Queen who no longer feared death. Death was her old friend. Death was the one who shattered the dreams which once used to rattle inside her lungs like cracked porcelain.

This is a story of a King.

This is the story of a King who became the worst victim of twisted fate, left with broken memories tainting the rest of his life. It forced him to become a monster, but the truth is that monsters aren't born. They are made.

This is the story of a King who taught his Queen to smile again, running his hands over her past and lingering over the dents and worn edges of her heart. She thought he'd leave her like the others, but he promised her she was a warrior, a goddess, an infinity of strength, that she'd never have to be alone again.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The attractive stranger watched me warily, his royal blue eyes quietly flickering over. The sky cracked open with lightning as he finally opened his sinful lips to speak.

What is your name, child?

They call me Miriel.

Are you a goddess, Miriel?

No.

Is there a chance you are human, then?

I think.

How did a human chance upon the immortal world?

What?

What do you know about our world, child?