61 | ACT III, SCENE IX

P R E V I O U S L Y

"We don't have forever. Do what you must, but make it quick. Find it," Tristan's voice was curt, sharper than double edged steel.
"Go," I nodded to Vincent. He inclined his head to the side in understanding and raised an eyebrow, then left the room.
It was time we put an end to the mess we'd found ourselves in.

CARLEIGH PALACE, SUNCAIRN, ELLESMERE.

AMPHITRITE

"SO... TRIPLETS, AMPHI?" CELESTINA SOFTLY asked, sitting beside me and stretching herself on the couch as I rubbed my swollen belly, popping a plum into my mouth. "You're positively glowing."

"It's harder than my last pregnancy. I feel like my body is stretching out like rubber. Like there isn't enough space," I sighed, falling back on the pillows and yawning. Of late, I often found my legs aching badly, my hormones working on overdrive.

She laughed softly, tucking a ringlet of crimson hair behind her ear.

"You'll do just fine, darling. Llewellyn told me that Eric won't stop gushing about how beautiful you look," she tinkled, making me blush a deep red. My husband tried his best to be there for me but he had been up to so many late night meetings with Tristan and Edwina... it was hard to miss the dark circles under their eyes.

Celestina helpfully plumped up the pillows so that I could curl up into the heavy silk blankets. I felt tired, and my legs felt as if they were made of lead. The morning sickness only made it worse. I was thankful for the shy goddess's help, because the attendants drove me mad. It was nice to have a change of face.

"Hey! Good morning, Amphi!" a cheery voice piped up, as the doors opened. I sat up and Celestina turned around to find Aidon's wife, Irina. She grinned happily and settled herself beside me, her newborn in her arms.

"Aww, is that the little one? Can I hold him please?" I cooed, eagerly holding out my arms. Irina happily obliged and gently placed the tiny infant in my arms as it made adorable little noises.

In the meantime, she turned to Celestina and raised a well manicured eyebrow, looking her sister up and down with her emerald colored eyes.

"Well, sister. Fancy seeing you here. I thought I'd gotten rid of all you cumbersome Rotavelles the day I ran away to marry Aidon," Irina muttered skeptically.

"Well, it seems like you're stuck with me..." Celestina's voice trailed away. She looked at the door as Vanessa skipped in, autumn roses decorated in her hair and hands thrumming in a graceful dance. She skidded to a stop in front of us and looked at the baby with big grey eyes.