83 | ACT V, SCENE X

P R E V I O U S L Y

It was the woman.

CALCHESTER CITADEL, STEFFITH

TRISTAN

HER EYES WERE SOULLESS, ENDLESS pits of pitch black, as if filled with dark ichor that glared back at me. Slowly, ominously, the pale woman picked up her green skirts with a smooth gesture, giving a mocking courtesy to Edwina.

"Your Grace," the female spoke in sugar coated venom, inching closer. I pulled my shaking wife and swept her behind my back.

"Who are you?" Helios's voice rumbled down the hall at the strange woman, who whipped her head back, her lips pulling back in a sharp smile.

"Cousin," she tinkled softly, each syllable as harsh as crushed glass, her very voice hurting my ears. "How delightful to see you again after you locked us into that hell!"

Cousin.

Cosmo, and the Titan, Zadicus, had been brothers. Helios was Cosmo's son, and if she called him her cousin-

She was one of Zadicus and Pandora's three daughters. A member of the House of Tytos, one of the cruel, wicked creatures Cosmo and Helios had locked into Seattoria after the first Titanomachy.

The woman swept again in a mocking bow, her every moment fluid and lithe as water. Darkness rippled off every inch of her deep green robes, filling the room with stifling, burning rivers of wickedness.

"Leora..." Nyx whispered, her eyes frozen, wide as plates. Her hand rested on the hilt of an encrusted daggers, and even as she pulled it out, the slender stranger turned her shimmering, cold gaze to her.

The dagger crumbled into nothing, leaving only metallic dust behind.

The room grew tighter, colder - every living being in it suddenly on alert, hearts pounding as the deceiving, predatory female destroyed the weapon with merely a flick of her eyes.

Leora - the eldest of Pandora's daughters.

She stalked silently across the marble floor, her feet not making a single sound as the dangerous creature stopped to a halt right in front of the remaining three prisoners awaiting execution.

"You must be the one who called me back here," Leora hissed in a sharp voice, tilting up Drusilla's chin with a blood red nail. The Everly goddess went completely motionless, and the pallor of her skin turned a sickly shade of white.