19 | ACT I, SCENE XIX

P R E V I O U S L Y

"The next time perhaps, Deimos... I'll try my hand at using your whip," I finished, turning on my heel away from him.

 I'll try my hand at using your whip," I finished, turning on my heel away from him

ARCTON FORTRESS, RIMEBAY, VERTGATE.

AMPHITRITE

WE ALL WAITED FOR A few minutes, until Rosalva finally came back. Her usually cheerful expression was tinged with worry and anger, but she carefully smoothed it out the moment she saw us.

"Lady Emmerson! What is the meaning of this? You left my wife unattended to in the middle of examining her!" Eric snapped, his grey eyes shining with anger, and I rubbed his arm to calm him down.

"I'm sorry, your Grace," she was apologizing with her head bowed, "I kept on getting visitors for my husband the whole time..." she muttered, yet her gilded eyes kept on darting to the left and right, as Eric's storm grey irises darkened considerably.

His stance grew stiffer as well. He protectively put an arm around my waist and a hand on his sister's shoulders as Rosalva kept on nervously chattering. It was obvious she was trying to hide something.

The argument between Rosalva Emmerson and Eric kept on growing louder, echoing in the halls of the Arcton Fortress. She kept on saying over and over that she just had visitors to ward off, but it looked like Eric didn't believe it for a second.

"We're leaving, Lady Emmerson," he finally announced.

Eric didn't get angry easily, he was the god of the ocean, calm and patient like the deep water. Yet once or twice a year he would lose it, actually lose it. The lord of the sea was a sight to be feared of when provoked. And right now, I could feel the air begin to get moist as his temper began to climb. Rosalva gave a lukewarm smile which did not reach her eyes.

"Of... course, your Grace," she said, as Vanessa and I stepped down from the table and I straightened the laces of my gown.

"By the way, didn't you want to know what is wrong with your wife?" Rosalva asked, trying to stall us as we took a step forward.

"What is it?" he asked impatiently. She looked at me for a moment. I nodded at her.

"Amphitrite... you're carrying triplets..." she whispered softly.

I turned to Eric.

His frown disappeared, as an expression of pure joy and happiness spread over his shocked face and tears filled his hurricane eyes as he looked at me with the purest affection.

"How... pregnant again?" he whispered into my ear.

"Pretty sure you were there when it happened," I beamed. He laughed, then picked me up, swinging me around in his arms with the wind in my hair. Vanessa tightly hugged me with a huge grin on her cherry lips.