The Choosing Ceremony

Cassandra's POV

Bea left about an hour after helping us wrap our wounds. Now me and Toby sit in the living room playing a game. I think he said it was called Candor.

It's his turn to ask me a question.

"Will you transfer? If so, where?"

That one shocked me.

"Umm... I dunno, I know I will transfer," I began, "Probably whatever Faction you choose," 

"Oh," is all he replies.

"I'm tired, let's go to bed," I suggested.

"Okay," 

Time lapse: At the Choosing Ceremony--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tobias' POV

This is it, I can finally leave...

Bea said she would watch Cas, then follow me at Dauntless. Cas will also come in three years.

I hear the names being called.

"Pedrad, Zeke," Jack Kang booms. (Idk what faction hosted the ceremony that year, so it's gonna be candor.)

Zeke is a mocha coloured boy from Dauntless.

He drags the blade down his palm and places his hand above the Dauntless bowls.

"Dauntless!" Jack Kang announces.

The Dauntless clap, and shout, and pound their feet.

I glance behind my shoulder and see Bea's warm smile. I smile back.

The next four people go: Candor, Erudite, Erudite, Abnegation, Amity.

I fumble with my hands and count the passing seconds until my name is called.

"Eaton, Tobias,"Jack Kang calls out.

I walk with steady feet and accept the knife. 

I look over my shoulder, I needed to see Bea's smile one last time.

She smiles at me, her eyes glossy with tears, and a few fall from her face. Beside her, Cas is already trying not to show her sobs, but failing.

I place the silver blade on my skin, it is cold, and drag in it down my palm in one swift motion. It stings, but I barely feel it. I suck in a deep breath and thrust my hand over the lit coals representing Dauntless. I know I've made the correct decision when I hear the sizzle of my blood against the coals.

 I am Dauntless.

Next chapter is DONE! The next few will be all their choosing ceremonies and a little bit of life in Dauntless. Hope you like it! Remember: READ, VOTE, and COMMENT! Bye, Pansycakes!

-Love, Emily                                                                                                                                                                              Be brave